Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Wyoming
Trails Carolina Wilderness Treatment Center: A Unique Opportunity for Wyoming Teens
Trails Carolina is a multi-disciplinary wilderness treatment center focused on helping Wyoming teens struggling with many different issues, such as substance abuse, anxiety, depression, defiance, school refusal, and many others.
Trails Carolina is located in Western North Carolina, however we help teens from Wyoming.
Each teen will be closely followed and encouraged through an individualized program which takes into account every residents personal needs, desires, ambitions, and abilities.
During their stay at our wilderness treatment center,Wyoming teens will have the chance to transition regularly from wilderness expeditions lasting up to three weeks to periods spent at base camp resembling the real world, where they will focus on academics and personal therapy. This frequent change of environments will give teens from Wyoming the chance to build the resilience and adaptability they need to lead successful lives after they return home.
Although being far from home for a long time might be scary or difficult for some teens from Wyoming, distance from the environment theyre used to will give the teens an excellent opportunity to take a fresh look at their lives.
With the help and guidance of our fully-trained multi-disciplinary team, Wyoming teens at our wilderness treatment center will have the space and time they need to re-evaluate their lives and come to deeper insight and understanding about their feelings and actions. By combining the hands-on and immersive experience of wilderness expeditions with more structured goal-setting at base camp, Wyoming teens are given the best possible tools to face the issues that are troubling them.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social isolation
– Adoption issues
– Learning differences
– Poor academic achievement
– Manipulative behavior
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Attachment issues
– Family conflict
– Gaming and technology obsession
– School refusal
– Low self-esteem
Wilderness Treatment Center for Teenagers from Wyoming
At Trails Carolina teenagers from Wyoming will find a multi-disciplinary program designed to help them cope with the behavioral and emotional issues that are making their lives a struggle, such as anxiety, lack of self-esteem, body image issues, depression, anger, defiance, and many others.
At our wilderness treatment center, the teens will have a chance to get away from the distractions and unhealthy coping mechanisms they have developed at home, and to focus exclusively on their own thoughts, feelings, and actions. Although some teens from Wyoming will find adjusting difficult at first, Trails Carolinas expert team will guide them in the process of adapting to their new circumstances.
During their time at Trails Carolina wilderness treatment center, teens will benefit from the continued guidance and support of personal therapists, as well as forming healthy relationships with peers in group therapy sessions and during their excursions in nature. Wyoming families will also have a chance to reconnect through family therapy sessions, where our expert family therapist will help rebuild family connections and aid parents and siblings in learning and growing in their own ways during the process.
If you want to know more about how Trails Carolina can help your Wyoming teen find success, call 800-975-7303 to talk to one of our experts about the program.
How Wilderness Therapy Works: An Examination of the Wilderness Therapy Process to Treat Adolescents with Behavioral Problems and Addictions: This research study, headed by Dr. Keith C. Russell, examines wilderness therapy in depth, going into the issues that it is most helpful for and why it seems to work so well for teenagers.
Parent Handbook on Childhood and Teen Depression: This handbook was created by Erikas Lighthouse, a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness on depression in young people. It aims to help parents navigate the many questions and fears surrounding depression in their children, and how to get the best possible help.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Wyoming
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Wyoming Families From
Some examples of cities from Wyoming which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Cheyenne Casper Evansville Bar Nunn Burns
- Long-Term Effects of School Refusal Beyond Educational OutcomesWe need to rethink how we conceptualize school refusal, particularly in younger children. We tend to think that it does not make a difference for an elementary school child to be pulled from class for an extra day of vacation or a doctor’s appointment followed by an afternoon of personal... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 7, 2020 - 9:00 pm
- How Wilderness Can Help Teens with Bipolar Disorder Find Balance in Their LivesTeenagers are known for mood swings, but sometimes their high highs and low lows may be more than just hormonal changes. It is hard to recognize bipolar disorder in teens when transient periods of moodiness are normalized. Knowing the difference between bipolar disorder, depression, and teen mood swings is important... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: February 18, 2020 - 9:28 pm
- PTSD Can Lead to Aggression in TeensPeople tend to talk more about the “freeze response” in teens who have experienced trauma than to accept the reality of what “fight or flight” can look like. According to research recently published in JNeurosci., traumatic stress can cause aggression by strengthening two brain pathways involved in emotion. Understanding how... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 15, 2020 - 5:34 pm