Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Rhode Island
Trails Carolina Wilderness Treatment Center is Unique Opportunity for Rhode Island Teens
Trails Carolina is a multi-disciplinary wilderness treatment center focused on helping Rhode Island teens struggling with many different issues, such as substance abuse, anxiety, depression, defiance, school refusal, and many others. Each teen will be closely followed and encouraged through an individualized program which takes into account every residents personal needs, desires, ambitions, and abilities.
During their stay at our wilderness treatment center,Rhode Island teens will have the chance to transition regularly from wilderness expeditions lasting up to three weeks to periods spent at base camp resembling the real world, where they will focus on academics and personal therapy. This frequent change of environments will give teens from Rhode Island the chance to build the resilience and adaptability they need to lead successful lives after they return home.
Although being far from home for a long time might be scary or difficult for some teens from Rhode Island, distance from the environment theyre used to will give the teens an excellent opportunity to take a fresh look at their lives.
With the help and guidance of our fully-trained multi-disciplinary team, Rhode Island teens at our wilderness treatment center will have the space and time they need to re-evaluate their lives and come to deeper insight and understanding about their feelings and actions. By combining the hands-on and immersive experience of wilderness expeditions with more structured goal-setting at base camp, Rhode Island teens are given the best possible tools to face the issues that are troubling them.
Leading Wilderness Treatment Center for Rhode Island Adolescents
Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center that combines many different approaches to give Rhode Island teens the tools to cope with their problems and look to the future with more confidence and hope. If your teen is struggling with uncontrollable sadness, anger, lack of motivation, or lack of self-esteem, Trails Carolina offers a unique therapeutic program to fit their individual needs.
By removing Rhode Island teens from their normal environment, they will not be tempted to retreat away into the comforting distractions of technology or be influenced by the pressures of social groups at school. At a wilderness treatment center, they will have the space and time to reflect more clearly on their situation, difficulties, and ambitions, and will have the nurturing, expert care of a multi-disciplinary team to help them on their journey.
Although not located in Rhode Island, Trails Carolina helps teens from all over the United States and abroad.
More and more experts in the field of psychology are coming to the conclusion that wilderness therapy programs are highly effective for young people as opposed to more traditional forms of residential treatment, because wilderness treatment centers allow for a dynamic and multi-dimensional experience in which Rhode Island teens can explore nature, test their own strengths and weaknesses in a hands-on way, and build authentic relationships with peers and adults during the trials and triumphs of exploring the natural world.
Trails Carolina also offers accredited academic guidance, individual and family therapy, equine therapy, and many other activities to give Rhode Island teenagers the variety they need to grow and change.
If you have questions or concerns about our wilderness treatment center, do get in touch with us at 800-975-7303, and well be happy to talk to you about your options.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Learning differences
– Social isolation
– Family conflict
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Low self-esteem
– Manipulative behavior
– Poor academic achievement
– School refusal
– Attachment issues
– Adoption issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Parent Handbook on Childhood and Teen Depression: This handbook was created by Erikas Lighthouse, a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness on depression in young people. It aims to help parents navigate the many questions and fears surrounding depression in their children, and how to get the best possible help.
How Wilderness Therapy Works: An Examination of the Wilderness Therapy Process to Treat Adolescents with Behavioral Problems and Addictions: This research study, headed by Dr. Keith C. Russell, examines wilderness therapy in depth, going into the issues that it is most helpful for and why it seems to work so well for teenagers.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Rhode Island Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Rhode Island
Trails Carolina helps Rhode Island families from cities and towns like Jamestown Little Compton Narragansett Newport Barrington East Greenwich Middletown Charlestown Portsmouth South Kingstown
- Outdoor Education at Nature Center in Wilderness Therapy ProgramsLessons in science textbooks come alive at Trails Carolina’s Nature Center that offers students unique projects and field studies to help them open their eyes to the environment. Traditional school settings often don’t have the time or resources to offer hands-on labs for students studying wildlife or resource conservation, so... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 4, 2019 - 3:26 pm
- What Role Does Social Media Play in Behavior Issues?Social has an unavoidable impact on how we view ourselves. Excessive use of technology is often associated with a distorted worldview and less time devoted to healthy behaviors. Researchers have spent a lot of time analyzing the effect of social media on teen mental health but are just starting to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 18, 2019 - 5:46 pm
- Helping Teens Struggling With Loneliness and Sedentary BehaviorWhile there’s a difference between loneliness and spending time alone, loneliness is associated with participating in fewer meaningful activities with other people. It’s possible for people to find meaning in solitary activities, like creative expression or work, but most of these activities are available from the comfort of one’s own... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 2, 2019 - 8:22 pm