Wilderness Therapy for Families From Ohio
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from Ohio
Wilderness therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling teens and their families. Many teens who have little experience with being active and outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your struggling childs life during their time at wilderness therapy can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your teen creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy have come out of the process with life-long friends.
During their stay at Trails Carolina, Ohio teens work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles. Instead of engaging in a power struggle with their therapists, many students at Trails Carolina become truly engaged in their own change.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your teen from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a teens emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your teens peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your teen from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Carolina is not located in Ohio, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral improvements.
Wilderness Therapy for Ohio Adolescents
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy provides adolescents from Ohio with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Wilderness therapy for teens from Ohio allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Carolina is not located in Ohio, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing Ohio teens from their usual surroundings, wilderness therapy allows for Ohio adolescents to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many wilderness therapy programs for teens from Ohio offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports wilderness therapy as a great alternative to residential treatment.
Wilderness therapy programming has given many Ohio families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Carolina wilderness therapy offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Adolescents from Ohio struggling with behavioral and emotional issues like depression, anger issues, substance experimentation, and defiance find the therapeutic help they need at Trails Carolina wilderness therapy.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy helps adolescents from Ohio find success. To speak with an expert about our program, please call 800-975-7303 today!
Wikidata: Wikidata contains snippets of information about a variety of subjects, including wilderness therapy. If youre looking for a very concise definition of therapeutic programs for your child, Wikidata is a good option for that.
How Wilderness Therapy Works: An Examination of the Wilderness Therapy Process to Treat Adolescents With Behavioral Problems and Addictions: This paper by Keith Russell, leading expert in the field of wilderness therapy, summarizes the results of an in depth study of four top wilderness therapy programs. This study examined what types of behavioral and emotional issues wilderness therapy is commonly used for, what wilderness therapy does to help teens, and what results wilderness therapy has for the overall treatment of young people.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– School refusal
– Manipulative behavior
– Poor academic achievement
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Social isolation
– Learning differences
– Family conflict
– Low self-esteem
– Attachment issues
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Ohio Families From
Some examples of cities from Ohio which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Columbus Cleveland Cincinnati Toledo Akron Dayton Parma Canton Youngstown Lorain Hamilton Springfield Kettering Elyria Lakewood
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Ohio
Trails Carolina helps Ohio families from cities and towns like The Village of Indian Hill Gates Mills New Albany Terrace Park Pepper Pike Moreland Hills Granville Upper Arlington Put in Bay Galena
- Why is Nature Nurturing? 4 Benefits of a Wilderness EnvironmentThe nature-nurture debate has sparked interest in recent years, as people have observed the impact of environmental factors in changing one’s behavior. Most psychologists argue that people’s experiences are shaped by both their nature and how they’ve been nurtured, rather than one or the other. As environmentalists have noted that... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 11, 2019 - 7:21 pm
- The Best Wilderness Therapy Programs Take a Holistic ApproachThe best wilderness therapy programs involve much more than building bonfires and camping. Wilderness therapy programs, like Trails Carolina, take a holistic approach to traditional therapy by offering a variety of wraparound services to help teens grow in multiple areas of their lives. Removed from distractions and negative influences at... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 11, 2019 - 3:14 pm
- Helping Teens Struggling With Loneliness and Sedentary BehaviorWhile there’s a difference between loneliness and spending time alone, loneliness is associated with participating in fewer meaningful activities with other people. It’s possible for people to find meaning in solitary activities, like creative expression or work, but most of these activities are available from the comfort of one’s own... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 2, 2019 - 8:22 pm