Wilderness Therapy for Families From Montana
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from Montana
Wilderness therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling teens and their families. Many teens who have little experience with being active and outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your struggling childs life during their time at wilderness therapy can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your teen creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy have come out of the process with life-long friends.
During their stay at Trails Carolina, Montana teens work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles. Instead of engaging in a power struggle with their therapists, many students at Trails Carolina become truly engaged in their own change.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your teen from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a teens emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your teens peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your teen from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Carolina is not located in Montana, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral improvements.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social isolation
– Poor academic achievement
– Manipulative behavior
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Attachment issues
– Learning differences
– Family conflict
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Adoption issues
– School refusal
– Low self-esteem
Wilderness Therapy for Montana Teens
Trails Carolina is a leading wilderness therapy program for Montana teens struggling to succeed due to emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Carolina helps teens struggling with problems like depression, anxiety, defiance, substance experimentation, school refusal, technology addiction, and anger issues. Wilderness therapy helps Montana teens work through their struggles by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing, nurturing environment surrounded by therapeutic professionals.
This removal from everyday life allows teens to become extremely focused on their own struggles, allowing them to make necessary changes to their behaviors.
Although Trails Carolina wilderness therapy is not located in Montana, the program is designed for teens across the country. Sending your child out of Montana to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your teens healing process. By physically removing your teen from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your teens struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Carolina provides Montana teens and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your child from Montana, please call 800-975-7303 today!
Your Little Professor: Your Little Professor provides a variety of information for parents seeking help for their troubled child. It also contains information about treatment options for struggling teens, including detailed information about wilderness therapy. Although the site is mainly focused on helping parents of children on the autism spectrum, Your Little Professor has a bit of information for parents of teens struggling with other emotional and behavioral issues such as substance use and depression.
How Wilderness Therapy Works: An Examination of the Wilderness Therapy Process to Treat Adolescents With Behavioral Problems and Addictions: This paper by Keith Russell, leading expert in the field of wilderness therapy, summarizes the results of an in depth study of four top wilderness therapy programs. This study examined what types of behavioral and emotional issues wilderness therapy is commonly used for, what wilderness therapy does to help teens, and what results wilderness therapy has for the overall treatment of young people.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Montana
Trails Carolina helps Montana families from cities and towns like Bigfork Whitefish Bonner Condon Bozeman Huson Orchard Homes Frenchtown Huntley Shepherd
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Montana Families From
Some examples of cities from Montana which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Billings Missoula Great Falls Bigfork Whitefish
- Why is Nature Nurturing? 4 Benefits of a Wilderness EnvironmentThe nature-nurture debate has sparked interest in recent years, as people have observed the impact of environmental factors in changing one’s behavior. Most psychologists argue that people’s experiences are shaped by both their nature and how they’ve been nurtured, rather than one or the other. As environmentalists have noted that... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 11, 2019 - 7:21 pm
- Helping Teens Struggling With Loneliness and Sedentary BehaviorWhile there’s a difference between loneliness and spending time alone, loneliness is associated with participating in fewer meaningful activities with other people. It’s possible for people to find meaning in solitary activities, like creative expression or work, but most of these activities are available from the comfort of one’s own... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 2, 2019 - 8:22 pm
- What Role Does Social Media Play in Behavior Issues?Social has an unavoidable impact on how we view ourselves. Excessive use of technology is often associated with a distorted worldview and less time devoted to healthy behaviors. Researchers have spent a lot of time analyzing the effect of social media on teen mental health but are just starting to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 18, 2019 - 5:46 pm