Wilderness Therapy for Families From Kansas
Kansas Wilderness Therapy for Teens
Trails Carolina, one of the nations leading wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens from Kansas, provides comprehensive therapeutic treatment to teens from Kansas dealing with emotional and behavioral issues. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Carolina provides teens with the therapeutic and personal tools they need to cope with their difficulties in order to find success after transitioning out of therapeutic programs.
In order to provide teens and their families with the most healing experience possible, wilderness therapy programs for teens from Kansas combine various therapeutic techniques such as adventure therapy, experiential therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy.
Although not located in Kansas, Trails Carolina wilderness therapy offers admission to teens across the country. Wilderness therapy works by removing a teen from the hecticness of everyday life. By adding some physical distance between your child and the environment that may be influencing their behaviors in Kansas, your child will be able to focus on changing their behaviors and noticing how their behaviors affect others.
Wilderness therapy is becoming one of the most widely utilized forms of inpatient treatment and is supported by a large number of expert psychologists. Trails Carolina is among the top wilderness therapy programs in the country because of their innovative therapeutic techniques and quality of care.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from Kansas
Wilderness therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling teens and their families. Many teens who have little experience with being active and outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your struggling childs life during their time at wilderness therapy can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your teen creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy have come out of the process with life-long friends.
During their stay at Trails Carolina, Kansas teens work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles. Instead of engaging in a power struggle with their therapists, many students at Trails Carolina become truly engaged in their own change.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your teen from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a teens emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your teens peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your teen from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Carolina is not located in Kansas, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral improvements.
Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Council: This group is comprised of representatives from each of the leading wilderness therapy programs in the country. Every member of the OBH Council must abide by best practices and follow a strict set of best care guidelines. As a member of the OBH Council, Trails Carolina offers the highest level of care and safety for its students.
MentalHealth.gov- MentalHealth.gov is the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services webpage discussing a variety of mental health struggles many Americans work through on a daily basis. It includes a database of information in which individuals can search mental health resources near where they live.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– School refusal
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Attachment issues
– Manipulative behavior
– Family conflict
– Social isolation
– Low self-esteem
– Poor academic achievement
– Learning differences
– Adoption issues
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Kansas
Trails Carolina helps Kansas families from cities and towns like Mission Hills Leawood Fairway Overland Park Lenexa Prairie Village De Soto Louisburg Spring Hill Shawnee
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Kansas Families From
Some examples of cities from Kansas which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Wichita Overland Park Kansas City Olathe Topeka Lawrence Shawnee Manhattan Lenexa
- Attachment Style Predicts How Teens Cope with AnxietyAnxiety looks different for everyone that experiences it. While it may be one of the most common and most talked about mental health struggles among teenagers, not everyone responds to anxiety treatment in the same way. Recognizing how attachment styles are influenced by anxiety and vice versa helps loved ones... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 7, 2020 - 5:41 pm
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy programs for middle school students... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2020 - 6:32 pm
- Improving Self Esteem for Teens on the Autism SpectrumLow self-esteem is often an ongoing challenge for teens on the autism spectrum. While they are often self-aware of their own interests and struggles, they struggle to communicate these to others due to fear of judgment or not fitting in. Many teens on the spectrum have a tendency to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 8, 2020 - 8:42 pm