Wilderness Therapy Programs Pennsylvania Families Trust
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Pennsylvania teens, Trails Carolina provides teens with the tools they need to transition successfully back home or into another treatment setting.
Trails Carolina’s approach towards wilderness therapy programs provides teens and families with:
- Master’s Level Therapists: Our therapists are highly experienced and truly passionate about helping Pennsylvania teens like your child. The therapeutic team individualizes each student’s treatment plan to provide the highest quality of care possible.
- Accredited Academics: Our accredited academic program is designed to meet teens where they are within school. Students have the opportunity to learn in a variety of environments including a traditional classroom setting, a nature center, and out in the wilderness.
- Transition Planning: Every aspect of our programming is designed to help teens make smooth transitions. Often, our students struggle with making transitions. We help to make this process easier and more natural.
- Equine Relational Programming: Unique to other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Carolina offers equine relational programming programming for students. Within equine relational programming, students are able to work on relationship skills and emotional regulation.
- Family Programming: Trails Carolina offers a variety of family programming including family therapy sessions, family workshops, and a Family Camp for those interested.
- Individual and Group Therapy Sessions: Pennsylvania Students participate in a variety of therapy sessions throughout each week.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Learning differences
– School refusal
– Poor academic achievement
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Family conflict
– Attachment issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Low self-esteem
– Manipulative behavior
Getting Help For Your Pennsylvania Teen Through Wilderness Therapy Programs
As one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Pennsylvania teens, Trails Carolina wilderness therapy provides teens from Pennsylvania with a transformative therapeutic experience. Many wilderness therapy programs offer programming for children and teens that struggle with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues. By combining traditional therapeutic methods such as talk therapy and experiential therapy with adventure and outdoor therapy, wilderness therapy provides teens with a unique healing experience.
Trails Carolina, although not located in Pennsylvania, helps Pennsylvania families find success.
For parents from Pennsylvania looking for positive therapeutic solutions for their teen’s emotional and behavioral struggles, finding the best help for their child can be a challenging and draining process. Wilderness therapy programs are an effective way to get your child from Pennsylvania the help they need.
By combining traditional therapeutic methods with the healing powers of nature, wilderness therapy can help teens improve self esteem, self confidence, and self awareness. Teens learn about the consequences of their behaviors through the natural consequences of being out in nature. For example, if a teen decides not to wear a rain jacket before a rain storm, they will get wet. These natural consequences help teens reflect on negative behaviors they have expressed in the past.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from Pennsylvania can help your child work through their struggles. For more information, please call 800-975-7303 today.
Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC are a great resource for families seeking information about mental health statistics and research related to mental health. They also have links to other resources such as the American Psychological Association, Mental Health America, and the National Alliance on Mental Illness. These resources can provide more information about symptoms and treatment options for families seeking help.
TeenMentalHealth.org: TeenMentalHealth.org is a website which provides an assortment of learning materials for young people about mental health. This website was designed to spread awareness and education about various challenges individuals dealing with mental health issues face. Their website contains information about mental disorders, teen behaviors, the teen brain, and brain injuries. It also talks about understanding the stigma often attached to mental health in the United States.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Pennsylvania
Trails Carolina helps Pennsylvania families from cities and towns like Easttown Township Fox Chapel Haverford Edgeworth Upper Makefield Lower Merion Township Willistown Township Solebury Tredyffrin Wrightstown
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Pennsylvania Families From
Some examples of cities from Pennsylvania which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Philadelphia Pittsburgh Allentown Erie Reading Scranton Bethlehem Lancaster
- Exercise and Mental HealthNot every person can tolerate modern psychotropic medications intended to treat many of these psychological conditions. At least 20% of people cannot tolerate medications for allergies or other reasons. Because of that, finding alternative solutions that can be adjusted to personal treatment plans is important. Exercise has many health benefits... Read more »
- New Year’s Mental Health Resolutions for 2022Traditionally the start of the new year is a time for adjustments and goal setting. We reflect on what we didn’t like about the previous year and optimistically make plans for bettering ourselves for the next. This time is ideal for incorporating these new year’s resolutions into one’s personal life.... Read more »
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesAdolescence can be a challenging time for both parents and the teens themselves. As a family, you are transitioning from being involved in every aspect of your child’s life to experiencing your teen pulling away as they yearn for autonomy. This is a natural part of childhood development as teens... Read more »