Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Montana Families
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Repairs Montana Family Relationships
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy helps struggling teens and their families from Montana build trusting, close relationships. As one of the top wilderness therapy programs in the country, Trails Carolina utilized evidence-based therapeutic techniques that have helped hundreds of teens lead happy and successful lives.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Montana. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Located just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Trails Carolina provides the perfect surroundings for a truly transformative experience for teens from Montana. Many Montana teens come to wilderness therapy programs like Trails feeling like they will never get the most out of their lives.
Many struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy struggle with issues like depression, anxiety, and disruptive behaviors. At Trails Carolina, these emotional and behavioral struggles are addressed in a positive, meaningful way through proven therapeutic practices such as experiential therapy, equine relational programming, and family therapy.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your struggling childs life during their time at wilderness therapy can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your teen creates a built in support system during this process.
Struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy have come out of the process with life-long friends.
Trails Carolina combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling teens from Montana the best care possible. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), Trails Carolina offers the highest level of therapeutic care for struggling Montana teens and their families.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low self-esteem
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Attachment issues
– School refusal
– Attachment issues
– Attachment issues
– Manipulative behavior
– Family conflict
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Learning differences
– Social isolation
– Poor academic achievement
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs for Montana Teens
Is your teen struggling with an emotional or behavioral challenge? As one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for Montana teens, Trails Carolina understands how to address the struggles your child is facing. We have helped hundreds of teens and their families transform their lives for the better.
Wilderness therapy programs are widely regarded by therapeutic industry professionals as one of the most effective forms of inpatient therapy. Trails Carolina, as one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Montana teens, can help your teen work towards a successful, bright future. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Montana teens, Trails Carolina teaches teens useful life skills that makes transitioning back into home life and traditional school environments run smoothly.
Although not located in Montana, Trails Carolina has helped teens from across the country find success.
Within wilderness therapy programs, teens from Montana are removed from their everyday environment. The backdrop of the serene mountain setting of Western North Carolina allows teens to think inwards and work on their own personal growth. While in the outdoors, teens experience the natural consequences of their actions. By seeing these consequences, teens are able to change their actions accordingly.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your Montana teen find success, please call 800-975-7303.
National Federation of Families for Childrens Mental Health: The National Federation of Families are a national family-run organization focused on behavioral and emotional issues amongst youth and children. This group works to implement policies, legislation, and funding for mental health challenges affecting young people and their families. This group has had a major impact on spreading awareness of childrens mental health struggles in the United States. Every year, they host an awareness week for childrens mental health issues.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): NIMH is a federal agency leading research on mental health disorders. Their website contains information on a variety of subjects surrounding mental health including depression, anxiety, trauma, and defiant behaviors. They also have resources for getting involved in mental health awareness and outreach work within local areas. Another aspect of their website discusses the research NIMH has conducted in conjunction with universities and other research centers.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Montana
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Montana Families From
Some examples of cities from Montana which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Billings Missoula Great Falls Bigfork Whitefish
- Can Virtual Outdoor Games Compare to Wilderness Therapy?People don’t have to go outside to enjoy nature’s restorative effects. Living close to green spaces or even having a view of nature from a window is associated with greater health benefits than living in an industrialized area. As public green spaces are disappearing and teens are spending more time... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 23, 2019 - 5:38 am
- Active Learning: Physical Activity in Outdoor ClassroomsStudents who participate in physical activity during school lessons do better on tests than students who stick to sedentary learning, according to a new study conducted by the University College London. Many students struggle with staying focused in a traditional classroom where lessons involve rote memorization and note-taking. Incorporating experiential... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 30, 2019 - 5:43 am
- Study Shows Effects of Air Pollution on Child’s Mental HealthOne of the biggest unspoken threats of the climate crisis we are facing is the effect of the environment on children’s mental health. Teens are spending more time inside because of the draw of technology, but it is possible that outdoor environments are less appealing in urban neighborhoods with fewer... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 17, 2019 - 1:49 pm