Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Michigan Families
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs for Michigan Teens
Is your teen struggling with an emotional or behavioral challenge? As one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for Michigan teens, Trails Carolina understands how to address the struggles your child is facing. We have helped hundreds of teens and their families transform their lives for the better.
Wilderness therapy programs are widely regarded by therapeutic industry professionals as one of the most effective forms of inpatient therapy. Trails Carolina, as one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Michigan teens, can help your teen work towards a successful, bright future. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Michigan teens, Trails Carolina teaches teens useful life skills that makes transitioning back into home life and traditional school environments run smoothly.
Although not located in Michigan, Trails Carolina has helped teens from across the country find success.
Within wilderness therapy programs, teens from Michigan are removed from their everyday environment. The backdrop of the serene mountain setting of Western North Carolina allows teens to think inwards and work on their own personal growth. While in the outdoors, teens experience the natural consequences of their actions. By seeing these consequences, teens are able to change their actions accordingly.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your Michigan teen find success, please call 800-975-7303.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs helps struggling Michigan teens find success
Upon first arriving at Trails Carolina, many struggling teens from Michigan are apprehensive about leaving home and being away from family and friends. Some level of hesitation and opposition to the idea of attending an inpatient therapy program is completely normal in teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy. After all, some students are at Trails to change defiant behaviors.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Michigan. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Michigan teens, Trails Carolina provides Michigan teens with the transitional skills they will need to be successful and happy individuals long after they leave Trails.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy programs combines traditional elements of an inpatient therapeutic program such as group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy with unique, evidence-based therapeutic practices such as equine therapy, experiential therapy, and mindfulness techniques.
At Trails Carolina, Michigan teens become aware of destructive behaviors and emotions. Aided and guided through the therapeutic process by expert therapists and wilderness staff, students learn how to adapt new, positive behaviors to everyday surroundings. Students are constantly around peers their own age, which helps foster a sense of camaraderie amongst students at Trails. The relationships students form with peers and mentors help them learn the skills to repair the relationships with individuals back home.
Being in nature, away from the distractions of everyday life, struggling Michigan teens are able to focus on healing and repairing the damaged relationships in their lives. While Michigan teens are away, parents and siblings have the time to prepare for the changes they will have to make in their own lives in order to improve their relationship with their struggling family member away at wilderness therapy.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia containing endless amounts of articles related to any topic you can imagine, including many related to mental health. Wikipedias article about wilderness therapy programs discusses the history of wilderness therapy as well as research surrounding the therapeutic technique. Wikipedia also has information about other treatment options, including residential treatment centers and teen mental hospitals.
Mental Health America (MHA): Mental Health America is a non-profit organization which is committed to helping Americans learn more about their mental health and lead healthy, happy lives. They seek to help all people understand that mental health is just as important as physical wellness. Their B4Stage4 philosophy is based on preventative measures long before the most dangerous, critical points of mental health challenges occur. MHAs site has information about getting screened for mental health challenges, as well as finding help for a mental health issue. They also offer a variety of information about various mental health challenges including depression, PTSD, and anxiety.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family conflict
– Attachment issues
– Learning differences
– Manipulative behavior
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– School refusal
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Michigan
Trails Carolina helps Michigan families from cities and towns like Franklin Grosse Pointe Shores Orchard Lake Birmingham Bloomfield Hills Bingham Farms Oakland Northville Township Beverly Hills East Grand Rapids
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Michigan Families From
Some examples of cities from Michigan which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Detroit Grand Rapids Warren Sterling Heights Ann Arbor Lansing Flint Dearborn Livonia Troy Westland Farmington Hills Kalamazoo Wyoming Rochester Hills Southfield Taylor St. Clair Shores Pontiac Royal Oak Novi Dearborn Heights Battle Creek Kentwood Saginaw
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- New Study Reveals Effect of Healthy Lifestyle Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in TeensDepression and anxiety are the most common mental health issues and are often co-occurring. While they are both neurological conditions that are influenced by family history, a new study looking at behavioral risk factors of depression and anxiety in teens found that obesity, limited physical activity, and an unhealthy diet... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 8, 2019 - 4:22 pm
- What to Do When Your Child Has Been Suspended from SchoolFinding out that your child has been suspended from school can be difficult for any parent to hear, especially if it’s not their first time. Every school has a different system when it comes to what kind of behavior warrants suspension and what suspension will look like. Some schools may... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 7, 2019 - 7:02 am