Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Louisiana Families
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs for Louisiana Teens
Is your teen struggling with an emotional or behavioral challenge? As one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for Louisiana teens, Trails Carolina understands how to address the struggles your child is facing. We have helped hundreds of teens and their families transform their lives for the better.
Wilderness therapy programs are widely regarded by therapeutic industry professionals as one of the most effective forms of inpatient therapy. Trails Carolina, as one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Louisiana teens, can help your teen work towards a successful, bright future. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Louisiana teens, Trails Carolina teaches teens useful life skills that makes transitioning back into home life and traditional school environments run smoothly.
Although not located in Louisiana, Trails Carolina has helped teens from across the country find success.
Within wilderness therapy programs, teens from Louisiana are removed from their everyday environment. The backdrop of the serene mountain setting of Western North Carolina allows teens to think inwards and work on their own personal growth. While in the outdoors, teens experience the natural consequences of their actions. By seeing these consequences, teens are able to change their actions accordingly.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your Louisiana teen find success, please call 800-975-7303.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs helps struggling Louisiana teens find success
Upon first arriving at Trails Carolina, many struggling teens from Louisiana are apprehensive about leaving home and being away from family and friends. Some level of hesitation and opposition to the idea of attending an inpatient therapy program is completely normal in teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy. After all, some students are at Trails to change defiant behaviors.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Louisiana. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Louisiana teens, Trails Carolina provides Louisiana teens with the transitional skills they will need to be successful and happy individuals long after they leave Trails.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy programs combines traditional elements of an inpatient therapeutic program such as group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy with unique, evidence-based therapeutic practices such as equine therapy, experiential therapy, and mindfulness techniques.
At Trails Carolina, Louisiana teens become aware of destructive behaviors and emotions. Aided and guided through the therapeutic process by expert therapists and wilderness staff, students learn how to adapt new, positive behaviors to everyday surroundings. Students are constantly around peers their own age, which helps foster a sense of camaraderie amongst students at Trails. The relationships students form with peers and mentors help them learn the skills to repair the relationships with individuals back home.
Being in nature, away from the distractions of everyday life, struggling Louisiana teens are able to focus on healing and repairing the damaged relationships in their lives. While Louisiana teens are away, parents and siblings have the time to prepare for the changes they will have to make in their own lives in order to improve their relationship with their struggling family member away at wilderness therapy.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– School refusal
– Low self-esteem
– Attachment issues
– Social isolation
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Attachment issues
– Poor academic achievement
– Manipulative behavior
– Family conflict
– Learning differences
Therapy Programs For Teens: Therapy Programs For Teens provides information about a variety of treatment options for teens struggling with mental health challenges. It has links to several articles about various topics within mental health including depression, celebrities battling mental health issues, recent research, and tips for parents. Additionally, this website includes information about cutting edge therapeutic techniques and research related to a variety of topics within mental health.
Mental Health America (MHA): Mental Health America is a non-profit organization which is committed to helping Americans learn more about their mental health and lead healthy, happy lives. They seek to help all people understand that mental health is just as important as physical wellness. Their B4Stage4 philosophy is based on preventative measures long before the most dangerous, critical points of mental health challenges occur. MHAs site has information about getting screened for mental health challenges, as well as finding help for a mental health issue. They also offer a variety of information about various mental health challenges including depression, PTSD, and anxiety.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Louisiana
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Louisiana Families From
Some examples of cities from Louisiana which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: New Orleans Baton Rouge Shreveport Lafayette Lake Charles Bossier Kenner
- The Unhealthy Connection Between Perfectionism and AnxietyWhile being a perfectionist can be a good thing, perfectionism can have negative impacts on one’s life. In fact, perfectionism can be directly linked to anxiety. On the surface perfectionism is basically one’s desire to be a perfect person. “Healthy” perfectionism can help motivate one to achieve goals, complete tasks,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 29, 2019 - 5:29 pm
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- The Four Downfalls: Negative Effects of Social MediaSocial media has quickly become an all-consuming part of adolescent’s lives. While it can seem like a fun, harmless place to share photos and interact with others, there is a growing concern of its impacts. New studies are highlighting the negative effects of social media associated with mental health, vulnerability,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 19, 2019 - 6:31 pm