Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Colorado Families
Wilderness Therapy Programs Colorado Families Trust
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Colorado teens, Trails Carolina provides teens with the tools they need to transition successfully back home or into another treatment setting.
Trails Carolinas approach towards wilderness therapy programs provides teens and families with:
- Masters Level Therapists: Our therapists are highly experienced and truly passionate about helping Colorado teens like your child. The therapeutic team individualizes each students treatment plan to provide the highest quality of care possible.
- Accredited Academics: Our accredited academic program is designed to meet teens where they are within school. Students have the opportunity to learn in a variety of environments including a traditional classroom setting, a nature center, and out in the wilderness.
- Transition Planning: Every aspect of our programming is designed to help teens make smooth transitions. Often, our students struggle with making transitions. We help to make this process easier and more natural.
- Equine Therapy: Unique to other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Carolina offers equine therapy programming for students. Within equine therapy, students are able to work on relationship skills and emotional regulation.
- Family Programming: Trails Carolina offers a variety of family programming including family therapy sessions, family workshops, and a Family Camp for those interested.
- Individual and Group Therapy Sessions: Colorado Students participate in a variety of therapy sessions throughout each week.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs for Colorado Teens
Is your teen struggling with an emotional or behavioral challenge? As one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for Colorado teens, Trails Carolina understands how to address the struggles your child is facing. We have helped hundreds of teens and their families transform their lives for the better.
Wilderness therapy programs are widely regarded by therapeutic industry professionals as one of the most effective forms of inpatient therapy. Trails Carolina, as one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Colorado teens, can help your teen work towards a successful, bright future. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Colorado teens, Trails Carolina teaches teens useful life skills that makes transitioning back into home life and traditional school environments run smoothly.
Although not located in Colorado, Trails Carolina has helped teens from across the country find success.
Within wilderness therapy programs, teens from Colorado are removed from their everyday environment. The backdrop of the serene mountain setting of Western North Carolina allows teens to think inwards and work on their own personal growth. While in the outdoors, teens experience the natural consequences of their actions. By seeing these consequences, teens are able to change their actions accordingly.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your Colorado teen find success, please call 800-975-7303.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): NIMH is a federal agency leading research on mental health disorders. Their website contains information on a variety of subjects surrounding mental health including depression, anxiety, trauma, and defiant behaviors. They also have resources for getting involved in mental health awareness and outreach work within local areas. Another aspect of their website discusses the research NIMH has conducted in conjunction with universities and other research centers.
MentalHealth.gov: Mentalhealth.gov is run by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Their website covers a variety of topics related to mental health, including: What is Mental Health?, Myths and Facts about mental health, and symptoms of a variety of mental health challenges. It also provides information about starting a conversation around mental health for a variety of different audiences. Mentalhealth.gov provides information about getting help for mental health issues in an individuals local area. This website opens up the discussion about mental health, which has long held a stigma within our culture.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Attachment issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Low self-esteem
– Poor academic achievement
– Learning differences
– Attachment issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Family conflict
– School refusal
– Manipulative behavior
– Social isolation
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Colorado Families From
Some examples of cities from Colorado which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Denver Colorado Springs Aurora Fort Collins Lakewood Thornton Arvada Westminster Pueblo Centennial Boulder Greeley Longmont Loveland Broomfield Grand Junction Castle Rock town Commerce
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Colorado
Trails Carolina helps Colorado families from cities and towns like Cherry Hills Village Aspen Greenwood Village Columbine Valley Vail Edwards Genesee Niwot Boulder Basalt
- New Study Suggests Internet Addiction Affects our Brain ChemistryMany parents are concerned that spending too much time online may take away from the time their kids spend learning in more conventional ways, through reading and face-to-face interactions. Recent research confirms that the internet actually affects our brain’s learning networks. Our brains are conditioned to be attracted to the... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 26, 2019 - 8:09 pm
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- Recognizing Anxiety in Teens with AutismRecognizing anxiety in teens with autism is important in getting them the help they need. First, you should educate yourself on the information research has found on the link between anxiety and autism. Here are some ways in which anxiety arises in teens with autism: Specific phobia: a specific phobia, namely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 29, 2019 - 3:30 pm