Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs for Alaska Teens
Is your teen struggling with an emotional or behavioral challenge? As one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for Alaska teens, Trails Carolina understands how to address the struggles your child is facing. We have helped hundreds of teens and their families transform their lives for the better.
Wilderness therapy programs are widely regarded by therapeutic industry professionals as one of the most effective forms of inpatient therapy. Trails Carolina, as one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Alaska teens, can help your teen work towards a successful, bright future. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Alaska teens, Trails Carolina teaches teens useful life skills that makes transitioning back into home life and traditional school environments run smoothly.
Although not located in Alaska, Trails Carolina has helped teens from across the country find success.
Within wilderness therapy programs, teens from Alaska are removed from their everyday environment. The backdrop of the serene mountain setting of Western North Carolina allows teens to think inwards and work on their own personal growth. While in the outdoors, teens experience the natural consequences of their actions. By seeing these consequences, teens are able to change their actions accordingly.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your Alaska teen find success, please call 800-975-7303.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Learning differences
– Poor academic achievement
– School refusal
– Attachment issues
– Attachment issues
– Family conflict
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Manipulative behavior
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
Wilderness Therapy Programs Alaska Families Trust
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Alaska teens, Trails Carolina provides teens with the tools they need to transition successfully back home or into another treatment setting.
Trails Carolinas approach towards wilderness therapy programs provides teens and families with:
- Masters Level Therapists: Our therapists are highly experienced and truly passionate about helping Alaska teens like your child. The therapeutic team individualizes each students treatment plan to provide the highest quality of care possible.
- Accredited Academics: Our accredited academic program is designed to meet teens where they are within school. Students have the opportunity to learn in a variety of environments including a traditional classroom setting, a nature center, and out in the wilderness.
- Transition Planning: Every aspect of our programming is designed to help teens make smooth transitions. Often, our students struggle with making transitions. We help to make this process easier and more natural.
- Equine Relational Programming: Unique to other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Carolina offers equine relational programming programming for students. Within equine relational programming, students are able to work on relationship skills and emotional regulation.
- Family Programming: Trails Carolina offers a variety of family programming including family therapy sessions, family workshops, and a Family Camp for those interested.
- Individual and Group Therapy Sessions: Alaska Students participate in a variety of therapy sessions throughout each week.
Mental Health America (MHA): Mental Health America is a non-profit organization which is committed to helping Americans learn more about their mental health and lead healthy, happy lives. They seek to help all people understand that mental health is just as important as physical wellness. Their B4Stage4 philosophy is based on preventative measures long before the most dangerous, critical points of mental health challenges occur. MHAs site has information about getting screened for mental health challenges, as well as finding help for a mental health issue. They also offer a variety of information about various mental health challenges including depression, PTSD, and anxiety.
MentalHealth.gov: Mentalhealth.gov is run by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Their website covers a variety of topics related to mental health, including: What is Mental Health?, Myths and Facts about mental health, and symptoms of a variety of mental health challenges. It also provides information about starting a conversation around mental health for a variety of different audiences. Mentalhealth.gov provides information about getting help for mental health issues in an individuals local area. This website opens up the discussion about mental health, which has long held a stigma within our culture.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Alaska Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Alaska
Trails Carolina helps Alaska families from cities and towns like Juneau Kodiak Anchorage Lakes Knik-Fairview Palmer Tanaina Wasilla Ketchickan Meadow Lakes