Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Louisiana
Adventure Therapy for Louisiana Young Adults
Trails Momentum is a leading adventure therapy program for Louisiana young adults working through emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Momentum helps young adults address and deal with problems such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, failure to launch, technology addiction and poor emotional regulation.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy helps Louisiana young adults work through discovering their inner empowerment by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing environment that aids the process of gaining the tools necessary to launch to independence.
This removal from everyday life distractions and stressors allows young adults to become focused on becoming their best selves by gaining the confidence and skills necessary to work through past struggles and gain independence.
Although Trails Momentum wilderness therapy is not located in Louisiana, the program is designed for young adults across the country. Sending your young adult out of Louisiana to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your young adults healing process. By physically removing your young adult from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your young adults struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Momentum provides Louisiana young adults and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
Trails Momentum is a sister program to Trails Carolina, a wilderness therapy program which helps teens ages 10-17. If youre interested in their programming, please call 800-975-7303.
Life Changing Adventure Therapy for Louisiana young adults at Trails Momentum
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy offers top notch therapeutic programming for Louisiana young adults struggling with emotional and behavioral issues like substance experimentation, academic underachievement, and technology addiction. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Louisiana, Trails Momentum provides young adults with the transitional skills they will need to become productive, successful individuals after they leave Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum encourages young adults to evaluate and reflect on past decisions and actions. By providing a safe, nurturing environment for Louisiana young adults to work with expert therapists on developing coping tools designed to work through their struggles, Trails Momentum has helped hundreds of young adults lead successful, happy lives long after they attend the program.
During adventure-based therapy, young adults learn how to work well with their peers and develop a sense of accountability and respect for those around them. These skills allow for an effective transition after a Louisiana young adult leaves wilderness therapy. Wilderness therapy, such as the program offered at Trails Momentum, can completely change your young adults view of the world. Through a combination of family therapy, individual therapy, experiential therapy, and group therapy, Trails Momentum offers a top notch wilderness therapy program that can help your young adult find success.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Poor family relationships
– Poor self esteem
– Technology addicted
– Lack educational foundation
– Failing to launch
– Without goals
– Lack accountability
– Social media addicted
– Low self confidence
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Fear of failure
– Low motivation
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a collaborative encyclopedia that contains a wealth of information about mental health issues, among millions of other topics. Wikipedia contains an in depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. It also discusses what happens after a teen attends wilderness therapy, including the transition process back home or to another therapeutic program.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)- NAMI provides a variety of resources for individuals who want to learn more about mental health struggles, who suffer from mental health issues themselves, or who have a loved one struggling with a mental health issue. NAMI has a wide array of articles that provide helpful information for people interested in learning more about mental health issues. They also have localized websites in order to help individuals learn more about local mental health resources.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Louisiana
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Louisiana Families From
Some examples of cities from Louisiana which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: New Orleans Baton Rouge Shreveport Lafayette Lake Charles Bossier Kenner
- Limiting Screen Time for Teens with ADHDMore than half of teens ages 12-17 report trying to take steps to limit their personal screen time and 57% claim their parents have tried to limit their technology use in one way or another. Limiting screen time can be particularly challenging for teens with ADHD due to difficulties with... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 2, 2019 - 8:17 pm
- Why is Nature Nurturing? 4 Benefits of a Wilderness EnvironmentThe nature-nurture debate has sparked interest in recent years, as people have observed the impact of environmental factors in changing one’s behavior. Most psychologists argue that people’s experiences are shaped by both their nature and how they’ve been nurtured, rather than one or the other. As environmentalists have noted that... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 11, 2019 - 7:21 pm
- Study Shows Effects of Air Pollution on Child’s Mental HealthOne of the biggest unspoken threats of the climate crisis we are facing is the effect of the environment on children’s mental health. Teens are spending more time inside because of the draw of technology, but it is possible that outdoor environments are less appealing in urban neighborhoods with fewer... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 17, 2019 - 1:49 pm
- Active Learning: Physical Activity in Outdoor ClassroomsStudents who participate in physical activity during school lessons do better on tests than students who stick to sedentary learning, according to a new study conducted by the University College London. Many students struggle with staying focused in a traditional classroom where lessons involve rote memorization and note-taking. Incorporating experiential... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 30, 2019 - 5:43 am
- Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Substance Use IssuesOne of the most common reasons teens experiment with substances is that they view substance use as a fun social activity that has the power to change their mood, which is particularly appealing to teens who struggle with low mood and loss of interest in activities they used to enjoy.... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 10, 2019 - 6:48 pm
- How Wilderness Can Help Teens with Bipolar Disorder Find Balance in Their LivesTeenagers are known for mood swings, but sometimes their high highs and low lows may be more than just hormonal changes. It is hard to recognize bipolar disorder in teens when transient periods of moodiness are normalized. Knowing the difference between bipolar disorder, depression, and teen mood swings is important... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: February 18, 2020 - 9:28 pm
- Family Stress Over Holiday Season Leads to Unhealthy CopingFor some, the winter holidays are the most wonderful time of year. For others, it brings out their inner Grinch, irritated by the joy other people seem to be experiencing during a period of intense family stress. Teens look forward to unstructured time over winter break, but it often only... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 18, 2019 - 3:00 pm
- Showing Gratitude in Relationships Over Holiday SeasonThere should be more than one day a year dedicated to giving thanks and showing appreciation for people in your life. The holiday season is a good reminder to focus on spending time with loved ones, giving to others, and acknowledging the positives in one’s life. This can be particularly... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 22, 2019 - 9:12 pm