Adventure Therapy for Young Adults From Connecticut
Adventure-Based Wilderness Therapy for Connecticut Young Adults
Trails Momentum Adventure Based Wilderness Therapy provides young adults from Connecticut with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Adventure-based wilderness therapy for young adults from Connecticut allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Momentum is not located in Connecticut, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing Connecticut young adults from their usual surroundings, adventure based therapy allows for Connecticut young adults to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many adventure-based wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Connecticut offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports adventure-based wilderness therapy as a great alternative to basic residential treatment.
Adventure-based wilderness therapy programming has given many Connecticut families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Momentum offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Young adults from Connecticut struggling with behavioral and emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, academic underachievement, substance experimentation, technology addiction and general failure to launch tendencies. Find growth and the therapeutic help they need at Trails Momentum.
Life Changing Adventure Therapy for Connecticut young adults at Trails Momentum
Trails Momentum wilderness therapy offers top notch therapeutic programming for Connecticut young adults struggling with emotional and behavioral issues like substance experimentation, academic underachievement, and technology addiction. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for young adults from Connecticut, Trails Momentum provides young adults with the transitional skills they will need to become productive, successful individuals after they leave Trails Momentum.
Trails Momentum encourages young adults to evaluate and reflect on past decisions and actions. By providing a safe, nurturing environment for Connecticut young adults to work with expert therapists on developing coping tools designed to work through their struggles, Trails Momentum has helped hundreds of young adults lead successful, happy lives long after they attend the program.
During adventure-based therapy, young adults learn how to work well with their peers and develop a sense of accountability and respect for those around them. These skills allow for an effective transition after a Connecticut young adult leaves wilderness therapy. Wilderness therapy, such as the program offered at Trails Momentum, can completely change your young adult’s view of the world. Through a combination of family therapy, individual therapy, experiential therapy, and group therapy, Trails Momentum offers a top notch wilderness therapy program that can help your young adult find success.
Who does Trails Momentum help?
Trails Momentum helps young adults who struggle with challenges such as the issues below:
– Poor self esteem
– Failing to launch
– Social media addicted
– Lack accountability
– Disengaged from family and friends
– Low motivation
– Without goals
– Lack educational foundation
– Drug and alcohol experimentation
– Lacking trust in yourself or others
– Fear of failure
– Low self confidence
– Technology addicted
– Poor family relationships
Psychology Today- Psychology Today has articles created for the purpose of informing and educating people affected by mental health issues, including parents of struggling young adults. Their articles are written by leading psychologists and experts in the mental health field seeking to educate the public on current mental health topics.
Journal of Adolescent and Family Health: This journal contains a variety of studies related to wilderness therapy and other inpatient therapeutic programs. One study found that wilderness therapy greatly reduces an adolescent’s chances to return to destructive behaviors in their life. This is great news for any parent hoping to help their child find success.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Connecticut
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Connecticut Families From
Some examples of cities from Connecticut which may have families who could use Trails Momentum: Bridgeport New Haven Stamford Hartford Waterbury Norwalk Danbury New Britain Bristol Meriden West Haven Milford
- Anger Issues in Teens: How to Help Your ChildTeenagers have a reputation for being angry and irritable, and while anger can be a messy or even frightening emotion, that doesn’t mean we don’t want teens to feel it. It is important for teens to experience a full spectrum of emotions in a healthy way. When that anger is... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 12, 2020 - 4:51 pm
- My adopted child has attachment issues: How can I find treatment for them?Adoption can be one of the most rewarding experiences of a parent’s life. After months or years of waiting for your family to feel complete, you finally get to bring home your child. And while adoption is incredibly rewarding, it can also come with it’s own set of challenges. One... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 24, 2020 - 6:40 pm
- The Purpose of Bow Drilling in Wilderness TherapyThere is evidence that humans have been using fire as a survival tool for as long as a million years, but it took several hundred thousand years for us to perfect the skill of building and controlling fires. Over time, we have learned to skip steps along the way and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 4, 2020 - 7:23 pm
- Dealing with Teenage Rebellion and DefianceMany parents can pinpoint the exact year that their child changed from wanting to sit in their lap and read stories to wanting nothing to do with them. And it is not surprising that it is usually in the pre-teen and teen years. Conflict with your teenager may seem inevitable.... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 28, 2020 - 3:26 am
- Committing Your Teen to a Healthy Sleep ScheduleCommitting Your Teen to a Healthy Sleep Schedule Have you gotten used to seeing the glow of screens from beneath your teen’s door late into the night? Or maybe you’ve noticed how hard it is to wake them up in the morning for school. Sleep is such an integral part... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 15, 2020 - 3:12 pm
- How Does the Pandemic Affect TeensCOVID-19 has radically changed day to day life for people around the world. Beyond just fears of becoming ill, or having a loved one become ill, teens are also feeling the negative effects of this pandemic on many levels. Loneliness and isolation: As cities across the world headed into lockdown... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 20, 2020 - 4:03 pm
- How Group Therapy Can Help Young Girls Process TraumaIndividual therapy is a wonderful tool for helping teenagers overcome their fears, improve their moods, and explore their feelings. But sometimes individual therapy is only one component in an effective treatment plan. For young girls dealing with a traumatic event in their past, group therapy can provide therapists with the... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 5, 2020 - 6:45 pm
- Benefits of Adventure Therapy for Young GirlsPreteen girls face a unique set of challenges compared to their male peers or even older teen girls. They are just beginning to enter the world of teen girl social dynamics, higher expectations in school, and negative peer pressure. This can be an overwhelming time in their lives, and for... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 29, 2020 - 3:09 pm