Careers At Trails Carolina: Transportation Coordinator
Trails Carolina is hiring a temporary transportation coordinator.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
- Transportation of clients/field staff to and from the field, visits to various clinics, and between site locations.
- Performs and documents vehicle maintenance and safety inspections, reporting immediately any vehicle safety concerns.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in following company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Transports clients and/or employees adhering to state and federal law and established company transportation policies, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Collaborates and participates as a team member and demonstrates competence in working independently.
- Understands the intricate dynamics of the Logistics Board and completes tasks as assigned.
- When necessary, hikes out to assist groups to transports.
- Communicates effectively with communication gear and personal cell phone.
- Listens to feedback regarding program concerns and directs staff to appropriate manager and relays feedback as needed. Participates in problem-solving.
- Assists with maintaining good relationships with the community and local agencies.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Maintains awareness of the location of food/gear stocks to retrieve and deliver supplies as needed, utilizes inventory protocols.
- Participates in WAG bag tracking and pick up.
- Periodically lends assistance to the logistics/field department when necessary or during crisis.
Offering Seasonal (~40 hrs a week, April – August)
Schedule: Thursday – Monday schedule (5 Days a Week)
Education and Experience:
- Be above the age of 21 and have a 5-year minimum driving history.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience working with children and/or in mental health settings preferred.
- Experience driving 15 passenger vans and/or minibuses/buses, with trailer towing preferred.
- Must be mature, patient yet firm, a team player, able to handle multiple tasks, able to be calm and competent in stressful/crisis situations and display strong communication and leadership skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Qualifications:
- Maintains a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Maintains current First Aid, CPR, and CPI Training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Judgment:
- Commitment to the mission of the organization and demonstrates a commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace.
- Exhibits the Trails’ core values of trust, respect, accountability, integrity, leadership, and service.
- Demonstrates efficient time management and is able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates effective judgment regarding the immediate physical health, safety, and welfare of students.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, being flexible and able to handle with ease changes in priorities, schedules, and duties.
- Commute/drive time within 1 hour of employment location.
- Must be able to be driving in a seated position for multiple consecutive hours.
- Work includes active movement around the facility in and out of doors, year-round in all weather conditions, i.e. rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Daily walking and hiking several miles in rugged terrain while wearing a backpack should be expected.
- Staff must be able to lift at least 60 lbs and be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and to be able to lift, bend, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and grasp.
Based in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina.
Health/Vision/Dental, Pro-Deal on outdoor gear
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
Interested in applying for a position at Trails? Fill out the form below and our team will contact you shortly.