Offering both Full Time Year Round AND Full Time, Seasonal
Both positions will include at least one day of weekend work
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:Transportatio
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in following company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Transports clients and/or employees adhering to state and federal law, and established company transportation policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Performs and documents vehicle maintenance and safety inspections, reporting immediately any vehicle safety concerns.
- Organizes and schedules routine vehicle maintenance: oil changes, tire rotations, state safety inspections.
- Collaborates and participates as a team member.
- Understands the intricate dynamics of the Logistics Board and can accurately update the board as needed.
- Provides outfitting support for all students entering the program.
- Assists in the management and quality assurance of all field program related supplies, clothing and equipment, including inventory control, orders, repairs and maintenance.
- Accurately records, reviews and maintains daily call-in log from all groups.
- Coordinates, prepares and supplies group needs.
- Provides backup and support coverage to groups and field instructors.
- Listens to feedback regarding program concerns and directs staff to appropriate managers and relays feedback as needed. Participates in problem solving.
- Assists with maintaining good relationships with the community and local agencies.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Participates in food packing, and ensures that groups receive food on time.
- Participates in WAG bag tracking and pick up, cleaning duties as assigned, and recognizes and addresses cleaning, garbage removal, and recycling daily.
Education and Experience:
Be above the age of 21 and have a 5 year minimum driving history; High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience in logistical/wilderness field environment; Bachelors in Experiential Education, Outdoor Education or Outdoor Recreation preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Qualifications:
- Maintains a valid, clean driver’s license.
- Maintains current First Aid, CPR and CPI Training.
Knowledge, Skills and Judgment:
- Commitment to the mission of the organization and demonstrates commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace.
- Exhibits the Trails core values of trust, respect, accountability, integrity, leadership and service.
- Demonstrates efficient time management and is able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to grasp all the integral moving parts of the Logistics Department.
- Demonstrates effective judgment regarding the immediate physical health, safety, and welfare of students.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, being flexible and able to handle with ease changes in priorities, schedules and duties.
- Commute/drive time within 1 hour of employment location.
- Work includes active movement around the facility in and out of doors, year round in all weather conditions i.e. rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Daily walking and hiking several miles in rugged terrain while wearing a backpack should be expected.
- Staff must be able to lift at least 60 lbs, and be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and to be able to lift, bend, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must have the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift and grasp.
- Must be able to stand up and move around most of the workday.
Health/Vision/Dental, 401k available to full time-year round employee position
Pro-Deal on outdoor gear available to full-time year round and full-time seasonal
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour