Wilderness therapy is one of the most unique, effective forms of therapy. It’s blend of experiential therapy, adventure therapy, and traditional forms of therapy creates many opportunities for personal growth and success. The benefits of wilderness therapy programs are numerous.
- Family-focused programming: Wilderness therapy programs offer a variety of family focused programming. Wilderness therapy, or any therapy for that matter, is only effective if the entire family is involved in the healing process. Family focused programming may include family workshops, family seminars, and regular family therapy sessions.
- Removed from everyday life: By removing your teen from the distractions found in everyday life, wilderness therapy allows your teen to focus on improving their behavior and overall mental health. Gone are the negative influences that may be affecting your teen’s behaviors and progress. In nature, your teen has the time to mull over their past actions, learn new coping skills, and identify attainable goals towards a successful future.
- Clinically intensive: Some people don’t associate being out in nature with clinically intensive programming. However, many wilderness therapy programs offer clinical treatment for the struggling teens who attend the program. They may have any number of psychiatrists and therapists on staff to help teens work through their struggles.
- Academics: As many troubled kids also have difficulty in school, a program which also provides a academic track as a part of its programming is definitely a plus.
- Expert staff: Wilderness therapy programs often have some of the most passionate, caring staff on board. Some wilderness therapy programs have therapists with Master’s Degrees or higher.
- Fun adventures: At wilderness therapy programs, your teen will be having fun while healing. While not all of the experience is fun and games, many wilderness therapy programs like to have fun! After all, if your teen is enjoying their elements of their healing process, they are more likely to be engaged in making changes for themselves.
Trails Carolina Can Help!
Get started today
Contact us today to learn how Trails Carolina can help your family
Trails saved my daughter’s life. Amanda is an amazing human and a brilliant therapist. I am so grateful to her, Science Steve, and the other wonderful people who could reach my daughter at a time when I could not.
Margot Lowman August 2022
Great life changing experience for our son. After becoming addicted to gaming during covid he was very depressed. At Trails he experienced the wilderness, Science Steve, learning survival skills and top notch therapy and support etc… I highly recommend! This gave our son and our family a renewed family bond full of love and excitement about his bright future.
Winnifred Wilson July 2022
Outstanding clinical work and superb staff! There’s a great culture at this company and it shows with how they engage with families/clients.
Kristin Brace June 2022
Discover If Trails Is The Right Program For Your Child
Take our short online assessment and help us better understand how we can help your family.