Is your teen constantly getting in trouble at school? Is he acting out with his friends in a wild, disrespectful manner? Disruptive behavior in teen boys shouldn’t go unchecked. It can lead to a whole bunch of negative consequences – everything from suspension and expulsion in school to actual criminal activity.
Warning signs of disruptive behavior in teen boys
So how do you know if your son’s disruptive behavior has gotten out of control? There are a few signs that can help you determine when to take action against your son’s behaviors. These signs include:
- Frequent calls from administrators at your son’s school: If your son is constantly acting out in class and has gotten into quite a bit of trouble at school, it may be a sign that he needs help.
- Hanging out with the wrong crowd: Your son’s behavior may be influenced by his peers. If his friends are a rowdy bunch who may or may not be into experimenting with drugs, he might be peer pressured into acting a certain way.
- Bullying: If your son has become a bully to his peers, it’s time to get help for his behaviors.
- Revenge-seeking behaviors: If your son constantly seeks revenge for what he believes are wrongs against him, he may be struggling with a disruptive behavior disorder.
- Social isolation: If your son is withdrawing from old friends and spending a lot of time alone, it may be a sign of a mental health struggle.
- Blaming others for his own actions: Pointing the finger at peers and siblings for actions that your son has actually done himself is another sign of trouble.
What is causing this disruptive behavior?
Problems with disruptive behavior may stem from behavioral disorders like oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder. Learning disorders such as ADHD and nonverbal learning disorder may also be culprits for your son’s behavior.
Trails Carolina can help
Trails Carolina is a wilderness therapy program for struggling teens, ages 10-17. Our students commonly deal with issues such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, trauma, and other behavioral challenges.
For more information about Trails Carolina, please call 800-975-7303 today.
Get started today
Contact us today to learn how Trails Carolina can help your family
Trails saved my daughter’s life. Amanda is an amazing human and a brilliant therapist. I am so grateful to her, Science Steve, and the other wonderful people who could reach my daughter at a time when I could not.
Margot Lowman August 2022
Great life changing experience for our son. After becoming addicted to gaming during covid he was very depressed. At Trails he experienced the wilderness, Science Steve, learning survival skills and top notch therapy and support etc… I highly recommend! This gave our son and our family a renewed family bond full of love and excitement about his bright future.
Winnifred Wilson July 2022
Outstanding clinical work and superb staff! There’s a great culture at this company and it shows with how they engage with families/clients.
Kristin Brace June 2022
Discover If Trails Is The Right Program For Your Child
Take our short online assessment and help us better understand how we can help your family.