Justin Messinger MA, LPCA, LCASA
- MA in Psychology: Clinical Counseling from The Citadel Graduate College
- BA in Child Psychology from University of North Florida
- BA in Spanish from University of North Florida
- Provisionally Licensed in both Professional Counseling and Substance Abuse Counseling
- Specialties include: Person-Centered Approach, CBT, Mindfulness-Based Techniques and Motivational Interviewing
- Also specializes in: Family Dynamics/Trauma/ Oppositional Defiance/Autism Spectrum/Mood Dysregulation/Learning Differences/Substance Abuse and Dependency/Cognitive Behavioral Therapy/Mindfulness
Originally from Southwest Florida, Justin developed his passion for working with youth over several years as a camp counselor and program director in Western North Carolina. Prior to joining family clinical services Justin worked as a clinical intern and clinical assistant at Trails. Before Trails Justin worked as a clinician at a therapeutic boarding school, wilderness program and an alternative learning center for youth. He has also worked several years in trauma and substance use treatment development research at the Medical University of South Carolina. Outside of Trails Justin enjoys hiking, surfing and spending time with his therapy dog/puppy in training named Bear.