Jana Eilermann – LCMHCA
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate
- Master of Arts in Professional Mental Health Counseling from Lewis and Clark College
- Certificate in Ecopsychology
- Specializes in Anxiety, Depression, Process Addictions, Learning Differences, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Trauma, Substance Abuse
- Trained in Somatic Attachment Focused EMDR
Always having a love and appreciation for the natural world, wilderness therapy “just makes sense” to Jana who has been working with children and adolescents since 2005 in camp and expedition based summer recreation programs. Eventually she landed at a program that helped her realize her passion was less rooted in teaching people about trees, and more rooted in teaching people about themselves surrounded by trees. Jana earned her master’s degree in mental health counseling with a focus in addictions from Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon. Jana has worked in a variety of therapeutic settings including community mental health clinics, public middle and high schools, therapeutic boarding schools, and a clinic specializing in gaming and technology overuse and addiction. Her style is warm and direct. Jana enjoys using creative expression and experiential modalities to help kids and families understand their old patterns, build resiliency skills, and heal relationships. In her spare time, Jana enjoys hiking with her dog, Maggie, mountain biking, and baking cupcakes. Jana feels inspired by the resilience of students and their families and is excited to be a part of the Trails Carolina team.