Is your teen struggling to do well in school? Are behavioral or emotional issues getting in the way of your teen’s performance in the classroom? Choosing the best therapeutic option for your struggling teen can be a long, difficult process. If you’re searching for a program that combines the therapeutic power of nature with an excellent academic program, look no further than Trails Carolina.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy combines outdoor education and traditional classroom settings
Academic programming at Trails Carolina is unique from other wilderness therapy programs because of a number of reasons. They include:
- Traditional learning environment: Unlike a lot of wilderness therapy programs which only offer an educational environment out on expeditions, Trails offers a classroom setting back at base camp.
- Academics integrated into therapeutic program: Many academic lessons at Trails are based around topics that relate to a student’s therapeutic progress. For example, during language arts class much of the reading material is based around stories which involve a rite of passage or the hero’s journey.
- Experiential learning: During a student’s time in base camp, academic programming goes further than just the classroom. Our science department, run by Science Steve, brings science physically into the classroom. A variety of amphibians and other animals call base camp home which allows for an in person scientific learning experience that would be difficult for students to get elsewhere.
- Personalized classroom environment: We cater to each individual student’s specific academic and therapeutic needs in forming an effective academic plan for them. Some students prefer a more experiential learning environment, while others thrive in a traditional classroom setting.
- Students can transfer credits back home: One of the major goals of Trails is helping families make smooth transitions back home. As an accredited academic program, we help make the transition back to a traditional middle school or high school setting seamless.
Trails Carolina can help
Trails Carolina is a wilderness therapy program for struggling teens, ages 10-17. Our students commonly deal with issues such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, trauma, and other behavioral challenges.
For more information about Trails Carolina, please call 800-975-7303 today.
Get started today
Contact us today to learn how Trails Carolina can help your family
Trails saved my daughter’s life. Amanda is an amazing human and a brilliant therapist. I am so grateful to her, Science Steve, and the other wonderful people who could reach my daughter at a time when I could not.
Margot Lowman August 2022
Great life changing experience for our son. After becoming addicted to gaming during covid he was very depressed. At Trails he experienced the wilderness, Science Steve, learning survival skills and top notch therapy and support etc… I highly recommend! This gave our son and our family a renewed family bond full of love and excitement about his bright future.
Winnifred Wilson July 2022
Outstanding clinical work and superb staff! There’s a great culture at this company and it shows with how they engage with families/clients.
Kristin Brace June 2022
Discover If Trails Is The Right Program For Your Child
Take our short online assessment and help us better understand how we can help your family.