Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Washington
At Trails Carolina Washington Teens Find the Opportunity for Growth They Need
Trails Carolina is a unique, multi-dimensional wilderness program for teens struggling with behavioral and emotional problems that are making it difficult for them to move on successfully with their life. Washington teens that are falling behind in school, experimenting with substances, facing body image issues, or struggling with depression or anxiety, will find the nurturing, supportive environment they need at our wilderness treatment center.
Although not located in Washington, Trails Carolina helps teens from all over the United States and abroad.
Wilderness therapy is considered one of the best therapeutic methods for young people by many leading psychologists. During their stay at our wilderness treatment center, Washington teens will participate in long adventure expeditions into the breath-taking nature of Western North Carolina.
Through this unique opportunity Washington teens will be able to develop a variety of skills, such as planning ahead, dealing with unexpected circumstances, and learning to work together with peers and adults in a constructive way. Contact with nature is also a great way to get away from confusion and stress, and will give Washington teens a healthy new context that encourages greater self-reflection.
As part of our family systems approach, at Trails Carolina we consider the family unit to be crucial to the healing process of the teens that come to our wilderness treatment center. That is why each family is works with a trained family therapist, who will facilitate communication and focus on rebuilding fractured family connections. Parents and siblings will have a chance to go through their own process of increased growth and self-awareness.
Building a strong family bond is crucial to the last phase of the healing journey facilitated by Trails Carolina. As Washington teens get ready to leave the wilderness treatment center, the strength of their new connections at home will help them fully integrate their new skills and awareness into their day-to-day lives.
Leading Wilderness Treatment Center for Washington Adolescents
Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center that combines many different approaches to give Washington teens the tools to cope with their problems and look to the future with more confidence and hope. If your teen is struggling with uncontrollable sadness, anger, lack of motivation, or lack of self-esteem, Trails Carolina offers a unique therapeutic program to fit their individual needs.
By removing Washington teens from their normal environment, they will not be tempted to retreat away into the comforting distractions of technology or be influenced by the pressures of social groups at school. At a wilderness treatment center, they will have the space and time to reflect more clearly on their situation, difficulties, and ambitions, and will have the nurturing, expert care of a multi-disciplinary team to help them on their journey.
More and more experts in the field of psychology are coming to the conclusion that wilderness therapy programs are highly effective for young people as opposed to more traditional forms of residential treatment, because wilderness treatment centers allow for a dynamic and multi-dimensional experience in which Washington teens can explore nature, test their own strengths and weaknesses in a hands-on way, and build authentic relationships with peers and adults during the trials and triumphs of exploring the natural world.
Trails Carolina also offers accredited academic guidance, individual and family therapy, equine therapy, and many other activities to give Washington teenagers the variety they need to grow and change.
If you have questions or concerns about our wilderness treatment center, do get in touch with us at 800-975-7303, and well be happy to talk to you about your options.
How Wilderness Therapy Works: An Examination of the Wilderness Therapy Process to Treat Adolescents with Behavioral Problems and Addictions: This research study, headed by Dr. Keith C. Russell, examines wilderness therapy in depth, going into the issues that it is most helpful for and why it seems to work so well for teenagers.
To Write Love on Her Arms: This is a non-profit organization dedicated to giving hope and help to those struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. They offer an interesting blog that young people especially could find inspiring. They also organize events all over the U.S. to spread a message of hope around mental illness.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– School refusal
– Learning differences
– Manipulative behavior
– Attachment issues
– Adoption issues
– Family conflict
– Social isolation
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Gaming and technology obsession
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Washington Families From
Some examples of cities from Washington which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Seattle Spokane Tacoma Vancouver Bellevue Kent Everett Renton Federal Way Yakima Spokane Valley Kirkland Bellingham Kennewick Auburn Pasco Marysville Lakewood Redmond Shoreline Richland Sammamish Burien
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Washington
Trails Carolina helps Washington families from cities and towns like Medina Yarrow Point Clyde Hill Woodway Mercer Island Sammamish Bellevue Newcastle Bainbridge Island Woodinville
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- Why is Nature Nurturing? 4 Benefits of a Wilderness EnvironmentThe nature-nurture debate has sparked interest in recent years, as people have observed the impact of environmental factors in changing one’s behavior. Most psychologists argue that people’s experiences are shaped by both their nature and how they’ve been nurtured, rather than one or the other. As environmentalists have noted that... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 11, 2019 - 7:21 pm
- Helping Teens Struggling With Loneliness and Sedentary BehaviorWhile there’s a difference between loneliness and spending time alone, loneliness is associated with participating in fewer meaningful activities with other people. It’s possible for people to find meaning in solitary activities, like creative expression or work, but most of these activities are available from the comfort of one’s own... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 2, 2019 - 8:22 pm