Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Virginia
Leading Wilderness Treatment Center for Virginia Adolescents
Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center that combines many different approaches to give Virginia teens the tools to cope with their problems and look to the future with more confidence and hope. If your teen is struggling with uncontrollable sadness, anger, lack of motivation, or lack of self-esteem, Trails Carolina offers a unique therapeutic program to fit their individual needs.
Although not located in Virginia, Trails Carolina helps teens from all over the United States and abroad.
By removing Virginia teens from their normal environment, they will not be tempted to retreat away into the comforting distractions of technology or be influenced by the pressures of social groups at school. At a wilderness treatment center, they will have the space and time to reflect more clearly on their situation, difficulties, and ambitions, and will have the nurturing, expert care of a multi-disciplinary team to help them on their journey.
More and more experts in the field of psychology are coming to the conclusion that wilderness therapy programs are highly effective for young people as opposed to more traditional forms of residential treatment. Wilderness treatment centers allow for a dynamic and multi-dimensional experience in which Virginia teens can explore nature, test their own strengths and weaknesses in a hands-on way, and build authentic relationships with peers and adults during the trials and triumphs of exploring the natural world.
Trails Carolina also offers accredited academic guidance, individual and family therapy, equine therapy, and many other activities to give Virginia teenagers the variety they need to grow and change.
At Trails Carolina Virginia Teens Find the Opportunity for Growth They Need
Trails Carolina is a unique, multi-dimensional wilderness program for teens struggling with behavioral and emotional problems that are making it difficult for them to move on successfully with their life. Virginia teens that are falling behind in school, experimenting with substances, facing body image issues, or struggling with depression or anxiety, will find the nurturing, supportive environment they need at our wilderness treatment center.
Wilderness therapy is considered one of the best therapeutic methods for young people by many leading psychologists. During their stay at our wilderness treatment center, Virginia teens will participate in long adventure expeditions into the breath-taking nature of Western North Carolina.
Through this unique opportunity Virginia teens will be able to develop a variety of skills, such as planning ahead, dealing with unexpected circumstances, and learning to work together with peers and adults in a constructive way. Contact with nature is also a great way to get away from confusion and stress, and will give Virginia teens a healthy new context that encourages greater self-reflection.
As part of our family systems approach, at Trails Carolina we consider the family unit to be crucial to the healing process of the teens that come to our wilderness treatment center. That is why each family is works with a trained family therapist, who will facilitate communication and focus on rebuilding fractured family connections. Parents and siblings will have a chance to go through their own process of increased growth and self-awareness.
Building a strong family bond is crucial to the last phase of the healing journey facilitated by Trails Carolina. As Virginia teens get ready to leave the wilderness treatment center, the strength of their new connections at home will help them fully integrate their new skills and awareness into their day-to-day lives.
In UR Head : This is a website composed of two specific areas, one aimed at teens and the other at parents, to inform and provide helpful resources on the topic of mental health and substance abuse in young people. It covers anything from feelings of not fitting into more severe problems such as psychosis.
To Write Love on Her Arms: This is a non-profit organization dedicated to giving hope and help to those struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. They offer an interesting blog that young people especially could find inspiring. They also organize events all over the U.S. to spread a message of hope around mental illness.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social isolation
– Adoption issues
– Poor academic achievement
– Manipulative behavior
– Family conflict
– Attachment issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– School refusal
– Learning differences
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Low self-esteem
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Virginia
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Virginia Families From
Some examples of cities from Virginia which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Virginia Beach Norfolk Chesapeake Richmond Newport News Alexandria Hampton Roanoke Portsmouth Suffolk Lynchburg Harrisonburg
- The Unhealthy Connection Between Perfectionism and AnxietyWhile being a perfectionist can be a good thing, perfectionism can have negative impacts on one’s life. In fact, perfectionism can be directly linked to anxiety. On the surface perfectionism is basically one’s desire to be a perfect person. “Healthy” perfectionism can help motivate one to achieve goals, complete tasks,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 29, 2019 - 5:29 pm
- The Four Downfalls: Negative Effects of Social MediaSocial media has quickly become an all-consuming part of adolescent’s lives. While it can seem like a fun, harmless place to share photos and interact with others, there is a growing concern of its impacts. New studies are highlighting the negative effects of social media associated with mental health, vulnerability,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 19, 2019 - 6:31 pm
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm