Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Tennessee
Leading Wilderness Treatment Center for Tennessee Adolescents
Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center that combines many different approaches to give Tennessee teens the tools to cope with their problems and look to the future with more confidence and hope. If your teen is struggling with uncontrollable sadness, anger, lack of motivation, or lack of self-esteem, Trails Carolina offers a unique therapeutic program to fit their individual needs.
By removing Tennessee teens from their normal environment, they will not be tempted to retreat away into the comforting distractions of technology or be influenced by the pressures of social groups at school. At a wilderness treatment center, they will have the space and time to reflect more clearly on their situation, difficulties, and ambitions, and will have the nurturing, expert care of a multi-disciplinary team to help them on their journey.
Although not located in Tennessee, Trails Carolina helps teens from all over the United States and abroad.
More and more experts in the field of psychology are coming to the conclusion that wilderness therapy programs are highly effective for young people as opposed to more traditional forms of residential treatment, because wilderness treatment centers allow for a dynamic and multi-dimensional experience in which Tennessee teens can explore nature, test their own strengths and weaknesses in a hands-on way, and build authentic relationships with peers and adults during the trials and triumphs of exploring the natural world.
Trails Carolina also offers accredited academic guidance, individual and family therapy, equine therapy, and many other activities to give Tennessee teenagers the variety they need to grow and change.
At Trails Carolina Tennessee Teens Find the Opportunity for Growth They Need
Trails Carolina is a unique, multi-dimensional wilderness program for teens struggling with behavioral and emotional problems that are making it difficult for them to move on successfully with their life. Tennessee teens that are falling behind in school, experimenting with substances, facing body image issues, or struggling with depression or anxiety, will find the nurturing, supportive environment they need at our wilderness treatment center.
Wilderness therapy is considered one of the best therapeutic methods for young people by many leading psychologists. During their stay at our wilderness treatment center, Tennessee teens will participate in long adventure expeditions into the breath-taking nature of Western North Carolina.
Through this unique opportunity Tennessee teens will be able to develop a variety of skills, such as planning ahead, dealing with unexpected circumstances, and learning to work together with peers and adults in a constructive way. Contact with nature is also a great way to get away from confusion and stress, and will give Tennessee teens a healthy new context that encourages greater self-reflection.
As part of our family systems approach, at Trails Carolina we consider the family unit to be crucial to the healing process of the teens that come to our wilderness treatment center. That is why each family is works with a trained family therapist, who will facilitate communication and focus on rebuilding fractured family connections. Parents and siblings will have a chance to go through their own process of increased growth and self-awareness.
Building a strong family bond is crucial to the last phase of the healing journey facilitated by Trails Carolina. As Tennessee teens get ready to leave the wilderness treatment center, the strength of their new connections at home will help them fully integrate their new skills and awareness into their day-to-day lives.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Learning differences
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Family conflict
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Adoption issues
– Manipulative behavior
– School refusal
How Wilderness Therapy Works: An Examination of the Wilderness Therapy Process to Treat Adolescents with Behavioral Problems and Addictions: This research study, headed by Dr. Keith C. Russell, examines wilderness therapy in depth, going into the issues that it is most helpful for and why it seems to work so well for teenagers.
Not Just Horsing Around…Psychologists Put Their Faith in Equine Therapies : This article by The Guardian takes a deeper look into Equine Therapy, a unique feature of Trails Carolina wilderness treatment program. The article explains what equine therapy is and how it has been proven to help with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Tennessee
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Tennessee Families From
Some examples of cities from Tennessee which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Memphis Nashville Knoxville Chattanooga Clarksville Murfreesboro Franklin Jackson Johnson Bartlett Hendersonville Kingsport
- Why is Nature Nurturing? 4 Benefits of a Wilderness EnvironmentThe nature-nurture debate has sparked interest in recent years, as people have observed the impact of environmental factors in changing one’s behavior. Most psychologists argue that people’s experiences are shaped by both their nature and how they’ve been nurtured, rather than one or the other. As environmentalists have noted that... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 11, 2019 - 7:21 pm
- Fighting Boredom in Teens with ADHDAccording to a recent study, adults experience 131 days of boredom per year. While full-time responsibilities can trap them in routines, they also have more choices and freedom to keep themselves engaged in fulfilling activities and work. If adults experience boredom this frequently, what about teens with ADHD who are... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 23, 2019 - 4:07 pm
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm