Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Tennessee
Leading Wilderness Treatment Center for Tennessee Adolescents
Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center that combines many different approaches to give Tennessee teens the tools to cope with their problems and look to the future with more confidence and hope. If your teen is struggling with uncontrollable sadness, anger, lack of motivation, or lack of self-esteem, Trails Carolina offers a unique therapeutic program to fit their individual needs.
By removing Tennessee teens from their normal environment, they will not be tempted to retreat away into the comforting distractions of technology or be influenced by the pressures of social groups at school. At a wilderness treatment center, they will have the space and time to reflect more clearly on their situation, difficulties, and ambitions, and will have the nurturing, expert care of a multi-disciplinary team to help them on their journey.
Although not located in Tennessee, Trails Carolina helps teens from all over the United States and abroad.
More and more experts in the field of psychology are coming to the conclusion that wilderness therapy programs are highly effective for young people as opposed to more traditional forms of residential treatment, because wilderness treatment centers allow for a dynamic and multi-dimensional experience in which Tennessee teens can explore nature, test their own strengths and weaknesses in a hands-on way, and build authentic relationships with peers and adults during the trials and triumphs of exploring the natural world.
Trails Carolina also offers accredited academic guidance, individual and family therapy, equine therapy, and many other activities to give Tennessee teenagers the variety they need to grow and change.
At Trails Carolina Tennessee Teens Find the Opportunity for Growth They Need
Trails Carolina is a unique, multi-dimensional wilderness program for teens struggling with behavioral and emotional problems that are making it difficult for them to move on successfully with their life. Tennessee teens that are falling behind in school, experimenting with substances, facing body image issues, or struggling with depression or anxiety, will find the nurturing, supportive environment they need at our wilderness treatment center.
Wilderness therapy is considered one of the best therapeutic methods for young people by many leading psychologists. During their stay at our wilderness treatment center, Tennessee teens will participate in long adventure expeditions into the breath-taking nature of Western North Carolina.
Through this unique opportunity Tennessee teens will be able to develop a variety of skills, such as planning ahead, dealing with unexpected circumstances, and learning to work together with peers and adults in a constructive way. Contact with nature is also a great way to get away from confusion and stress, and will give Tennessee teens a healthy new context that encourages greater self-reflection.
As part of our family systems approach, at Trails Carolina we consider the family unit to be crucial to the healing process of the teens that come to our wilderness treatment center. That is why each family is works with a trained family therapist, who will facilitate communication and focus on rebuilding fractured family connections. Parents and siblings will have a chance to go through their own process of increased growth and self-awareness.
Building a strong family bond is crucial to the last phase of the healing journey facilitated by Trails Carolina. As Tennessee teens get ready to leave the wilderness treatment center, the strength of their new connections at home will help them fully integrate their new skills and awareness into their day-to-day lives.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Learning differences
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Family conflict
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Adoption issues
– Manipulative behavior
– School refusal
How Wilderness Therapy Works: An Examination of the Wilderness Therapy Process to Treat Adolescents with Behavioral Problems and Addictions: This research study, headed by Dr. Keith C. Russell, examines wilderness therapy in depth, going into the issues that it is most helpful for and why it seems to work so well for teenagers.
Not Just Horsing Around…Psychologists Put Their Faith in Equine Therapies : This article by The Guardian takes a deeper look into Equine Therapy, a unique feature of Trails Carolina wilderness treatment program. The article explains what equine therapy is and how it has been proven to help with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Tennessee
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Tennessee Families From
Some examples of cities from Tennessee which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Memphis Nashville Knoxville Chattanooga Clarksville Murfreesboro Franklin Jackson Johnson Bartlett Hendersonville Kingsport
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- Reducing Stress in Teens: Benefits Of Green SpacesA new study shows that being outdoors can contribute to reducing stress in teens. The psychological benefits of being around green spaces, in general, are receiving growing attention from scientists. Similarly, there is some evidence that exercising in natural environments, as opposed to indoors, improves mental well-being. As a parent... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 13, 2019 - 8:52 pm
- Recognizing Anxiety in Teens with AutismRecognizing anxiety in teens with autism is important in getting them the help they need. First, you should educate yourself on the information research has found on the link between anxiety and autism. Here are some ways in which anxiety arises in teens with autism: Specific phobia: a specific phobia, namely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 29, 2019 - 3:30 pm