Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Pennsylvania
Trails Carolina Wilderness Treatment Center is Unique Opportunity for Pennsylvania Teens
Trails Carolina is a multi-disciplinary wilderness treatment center focused on helping Pennsylvania teens struggling with many different issues, such as substance abuse, anxiety, depression, defiance, school refusal, and many others. Each teen will be closely followed and encouraged through an individualized program which takes into account every residents personal needs, desires, ambitions, and abilities.
During their stay at our wilderness treatment center,Pennsylvania teens will have the chance to transition regularly from wilderness expeditions lasting up to three weeks to periods spent at base camp resembling the real world, where they will focus on academics and personal therapy. This frequent change of environments will give teens from Pennsylvania the chance to build the resilience and adaptability they need to lead successful lives after they return home.
Although being far from home for a long time might be scary or difficult for some teens from Pennsylvania, distance from the environment theyre used to will give the teens an excellent opportunity to take a fresh look at their lives.
With the help and guidance of our fully-trained multi-disciplinary team, Pennsylvania teens at our wilderness treatment center will have the space and time they need to re-evaluate their lives and come to deeper insight and understanding about their feelings and actions. By combining the hands-on and immersive experience of wilderness expeditions with more structured goal-setting at base camp, Pennsylvania teens are given the best possible tools to face the issues that are troubling them.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor academic achievement
– Learning differences
– Family conflict
– Social isolation
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Low self-esteem
– School refusal
– Adoption issues
– Manipulative behavior
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Attachment issues
Leading Wilderness Treatment Center for Pennsylvania Adolescents
Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center that combines many different approaches to give Pennsylvania teens the tools to cope with their problems and look to the future with more confidence and hope. If your teen is struggling with uncontrollable sadness, anger, lack of motivation, or lack of self-esteem, Trails Carolina offers a unique therapeutic program to fit their individual needs.
By removing Pennsylvania teens from their normal environment, they will not be tempted to retreat away into the comforting distractions of technology or be influenced by the pressures of social groups at school. At a wilderness treatment center, they will have the space and time to reflect more clearly on their situation, difficulties, and ambitions, and will have the nurturing, expert care of a multi-disciplinary team to help them on their journey.
Although not located in Pennsylvania, Trails Carolina helps teens from all over the United States and abroad.
More and more experts in the field of psychology are coming to the conclusion that wilderness therapy programs are highly effective for young people as opposed to more traditional forms of residential treatment, because wilderness treatment centers allow for a dynamic and multi-dimensional experience in which Pennsylvania teens can explore nature, test their own strengths and weaknesses in a hands-on way, and build authentic relationships with peers and adults during the trials and triumphs of exploring the natural world.
Trails Carolina also offers accredited academic guidance, individual and family therapy, equine relational programming, and many other activities to give Pennsylvania teenagers the variety they need to grow and change.
If you have questions or concerns about our wilderness treatment center, do get in touch with us at 800-975-7303, and well be happy to talk to you about your options.
A Systematic Review of Wilderness Therapy: Theory, Practice, and Outcomes: This clinical research paper delves into the description of what wilderness therapy is, how it is carried out, and the actual research findings on its efficacy for helping troubled youth. For parents looking for in-depth information about this type of therapy, this paper looks at many of its fundamental aspects.
In UR Head : This is a website composed of two specific areas, one aimed at teens and the other at parents, to inform and provide helpful resources on the topic of mental health and substance abuse in young people. It covers anything from feelings of not fitting into more severe problems such as psychosis.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Pennsylvania
Trails Carolina helps Pennsylvania families from cities and towns like Easttown Township Fox Chapel Haverford Edgeworth Upper Makefield Lower Merion Township Willistown Township Solebury Tredyffrin Wrightstown
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Pennsylvania Families From
Some examples of cities from Pennsylvania which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Philadelphia Pittsburgh Allentown Erie Reading Scranton Bethlehem Lancaster
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy programs for middle school students... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2020 - 6:32 pm
- Improving Self Esteem for Teens on the Autism SpectrumLow self-esteem is often an ongoing challenge for teens on the autism spectrum. While they are often self-aware of their own interests and struggles, they struggle to communicate these to others due to fear of judgment or not fitting in. Many teens on the spectrum have a tendency to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 8, 2020 - 8:42 pm
- Active Learning: Physical Activity in Outdoor ClassroomsStudents who participate in physical activity during school lessons do better on tests than students who stick to sedentary learning, according to a new study conducted by the University College London. Many students struggle with staying focused in a traditional classroom where lessons involve rote memorization and note-taking. Incorporating experiential... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 30, 2019 - 5:43 am