Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Maine
Wilderness Treatment Center for Maine Teens
Trails Carolina is a leading wilderness treatment center for Maine teens struggling with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues, such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse, school refusal, and many more. The program features a multi-disciplinary approach aimed at helping teens develop the skills they need to cope with the challenges they face and reach success in life.
At Trails Carolina wilderness treatment center, teens from Maine will have the chance to participate in a range of activities designed to help them grow in their self-awareness, self-esteem and ability to make healthy and productive choices. Combining expeditions into the wilderness lasting up to three weeks with a more residential setting at base camp, all while providing a structure of personal, group, and family therapy, ensures that Maine teens get the benefits of many different healing approaches.
With its breath-taking sites and many challenges, multi-day adventures into the wilderness provide a great opportunity for Maine teens to build a deeper relationship with themselves and to develop important skills such as planning ahead, managing frustration, and dealing with unexpected circumstances.
Coming back to base camp regularly will ensure that they learn how to shift from one environment to the other, a skill necessary to promote lasting change once they leave the wilderness treatment center.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption issues
– Manipulative behavior
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Low self-esteem
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Attachment issues
– Poor academic achievement
– Learning differences
– Social isolation
– School refusal
– Family conflict
At Trails Carolina Maine Teens Find the Opportunity for Growth They Need
Trails Carolina is a unique, multi-dimensional wilderness program for teens struggling with behavioral and emotional problems that are making it difficult for them to move on successfully with their life. Maine teens that are falling behind in school, experimenting with substances, facing body image issues, or struggling with depression or anxiety, will find the nurturing, supportive environment they need at our wilderness treatment center.
Wilderness therapy is considered one of the best therapeutic methods for young people by many leading psychologists. During their stay at our wilderness treatment center, Maine teens will participate in long adventure expeditions into the breath-taking nature of Western North Carolina.
Through this unique opportunity Maine teens will be able to develop a variety of skills, such as planning ahead, dealing with unexpected circumstances, and learning to work together with peers and adults in a constructive way. Contact with nature is also a great way to get away from confusion and stress, and will give Maine teens a healthy new context that encourages greater self-reflection.
As part of our family systems approach, at Trails Carolina we consider the family unit to be crucial to the healing process of the teens that come to our wilderness treatment center. That is why each family is works with a trained family therapist, who will facilitate communication and focus on rebuilding fractured family connections. Parents and siblings will have a chance to go through their own process of increased growth and self-awareness.
Building a strong family bond is crucial to the last phase of the healing journey facilitated by Trails Carolina. As Maine teens get ready to leave the wilderness treatment center, the strength of their new connections at home will help them fully integrate their new skills and awareness into their day-to-day lives.
Anxiety Disorders Association of British Columbia: This Canadian Association is a leading online presence when it comes to resources on anxiety and anxiety disorders. They also provide a downloadable app called Mindshift designed to help young people manage anxiety, using step by step strategies.
In UR Head : This is a website composed of two specific areas, one aimed at teens and the other at parents, to inform and provide helpful resources on the topic of mental health and substance abuse in young people. It covers anything from feelings of not fitting into more severe problems such as psychosis.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Maine Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Maine
Trails Carolina helps Maine families from cities and towns like Islesboro Phippsburg West Bath Bowdoinham Town of Richmond Bath
- The Four Downfalls: Negative Effects of Social MediaSocial media has quickly become an all-consuming part of adolescent’s lives. While it can seem like a fun, harmless place to share photos and interact with others, there is a growing concern of its impacts. New studies are highlighting the negative effects of social media associated with mental health, vulnerability,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 19, 2019 - 6:31 pm
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm