Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Kentucky
Trails Carolina Offers Hope for Kentucky Teens at Wilderness Treatment Center
When Kentucky teens are struggling with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, aggressive behavior, school refusal, and others, it can be hard to know just what to do to help them. Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center specifically dedicated to helping young people find their way when they are lost and confused.
As part of our multi-disciplinary approach, Kentucky teens will have the opportunity to learn many different skills in a variety of different contexts. A prime feature of Trails Carolina wilderness treatment center is the focus on wilderness therapy, a modality which has been shown to be effective with young people, as it is stimulating for both the mind and the body, and has a hands-on flavor that teens relate to well. Multi-day expeditions into the Carolina wilderness will give Kentucky teens a chance to develop a sense of responsibility, endurance, persistence, teamwork, and the ability to deal with unexpected or unwanted circumstances.
In an effort to prepare Kentucky teens to function effectively in the real world, at our wilderness treatment center residents rotate between the wilderness expeditions and periods spent at base camp, where they will engage in academic coursework, have a chance to socialize with their peers in a normal’ setting, and receive therapy.
Teens from Kentucky will be closely followed in personal, group, and family therapy sessions where they will have a chance to explore the issues that they’re facing in a climate of nurturing and supportive care that values who they are as a person.
With the help of an expert team, your teen’s stay at our wilderness treatment center could be the opportunity to build character for a lifetime.
Leading Wilderness Treatment Center for Kentucky Adolescents
Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center that combines many different approaches to give Kentucky teens the tools to cope with their problems and look to the future with more confidence and hope. If your teen is struggling with uncontrollable sadness, anger, lack of motivation, or lack of self-esteem, Trails Carolina offers a unique therapeutic program to fit their individual needs.
By removing Kentucky teens from their normal environment, they will not be tempted to retreat away into the comforting distractions of technology or be influenced by the pressures of social groups at school. At a wilderness treatment center, they will have the space and time to reflect more clearly on their situation, difficulties, and ambitions, and will have the nurturing, expert care of a multi-disciplinary team to help them on their journey.
Although not located in Kentucky, Trails Carolina helps teens from all over the United States and abroad.
More and more experts in the field of psychology are coming to the conclusion that wilderness therapy programs are highly effective for young people as opposed to more traditional forms of residential treatment, because wilderness treatment centers allow for a dynamic and multi-dimensional experience in which Kentucky teens can explore nature, test their own strengths and weaknesses in a hands-on way, and build authentic relationships with peers and adults during the trials and triumphs of exploring the natural world.
Trails Carolina also offers accredited academic guidance, individual and family therapy, equine relational programming, and many other activities to give Kentucky teenagers the variety they need to grow and change.
If you have questions or concerns about our wilderness treatment center, do get in touch with us at 800-975-7303, and we’ll be happy to talk to you about your options.
Anxiety Disorders Association of British Columbia: This Canadian Association is a leading online presence when it comes to resources on anxiety and anxiety disorders. They also provide a downloadable app called Mindshift designed to help young people manage anxiety, using step by step strategies.
Mind Your Mind : This website is a bounty of helpful information. It gives specific insight into various mental health issues, but it also gives many practical tips and advice for ways to promote wellness and personal expression. It’s a great site for young people to explore as a way of broadening their horizons mentally and emotionally.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Learning differences
– Poor academic achievement
– School refusal
– Adoption issues
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Family conflict
– Low self-esteem
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Manipulative behavior
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Kentucky Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Kentucky
Trails Carolina helps Kentucky families from cities and towns like Union Fort Mitchell Crestview Hills Villa Hills Edgewood Crescent Springs Hebron Fort Thomas Lakeside Park Walton
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy programs for middle school students... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2020 - 6:32 pm
- Long-Term Effects of School Refusal Beyond Educational OutcomesWe need to rethink how we conceptualize school refusal, particularly in younger children. We tend to think that it does not make a difference for an elementary school child to be pulled from class for an extra day of vacation or a doctor’s appointment followed by an afternoon of personal... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 7, 2020 - 9:00 pm
- Can Yoga Help Improve Anxiety In Teens?When you say the word “yoga”, most people’s thoughts go straight to green juice, leggings, and the pretzel body shapes that grace yoga magazine covers. Yoga is often touted as a workout, with a dazzling amount of options from hot yoga to goat yoga. But yoga can be an incredibly... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 1, 2020 - 4:56 pm