Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Kentucky
Trails Carolina Offers Hope for Kentucky Teens at Wilderness Treatment Center
When Kentucky teens are struggling with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, aggressive behavior, school refusal, and others, it can be hard to know just what to do to help them. Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center specifically dedicated to helping young people find their way when they are lost and confused.
As part of our multi-disciplinary approach, Kentucky teens will have the opportunity to learn many different skills in a variety of different contexts. A prime feature of Trails Carolina wilderness treatment center is the focus on wilderness therapy, a modality which has been shown to be effective with young people, as it is stimulating for both the mind and the body, and has a hands-on flavor that teens relate to well. Multi-day expeditions into the Carolina wilderness will give Kentucky teens a chance to develop a sense of responsibility, endurance, persistence, teamwork, and the ability to deal with unexpected or unwanted circumstances.
In an effort to prepare Kentucky teens to function effectively in the real world, at our wilderness treatment center residents rotate between the wilderness expeditions and periods spent at base camp, where they will engage in academic coursework, have a chance to socialize with their peers in a normal setting, and receive therapy.
Teens from Kentucky will be closely followed in personal, group, and family therapy sessions where they will have a chance to explore the issues that theyre facing in a climate of nurturing and supportive care that values who they are as a person.
With the help of an expert team, your teens stay at our wilderness treatment center could be the opportunity to build character for a lifetime.
Leading Wilderness Treatment Center for Kentucky Adolescents
Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center that combines many different approaches to give Kentucky teens the tools to cope with their problems and look to the future with more confidence and hope. If your teen is struggling with uncontrollable sadness, anger, lack of motivation, or lack of self-esteem, Trails Carolina offers a unique therapeutic program to fit their individual needs.
By removing Kentucky teens from their normal environment, they will not be tempted to retreat away into the comforting distractions of technology or be influenced by the pressures of social groups at school. At a wilderness treatment center, they will have the space and time to reflect more clearly on their situation, difficulties, and ambitions, and will have the nurturing, expert care of a multi-disciplinary team to help them on their journey.
Although not located in Kentucky, Trails Carolina helps teens from all over the United States and abroad.
More and more experts in the field of psychology are coming to the conclusion that wilderness therapy programs are highly effective for young people as opposed to more traditional forms of residential treatment, because wilderness treatment centers allow for a dynamic and multi-dimensional experience in which Kentucky teens can explore nature, test their own strengths and weaknesses in a hands-on way, and build authentic relationships with peers and adults during the trials and triumphs of exploring the natural world.
Trails Carolina also offers accredited academic guidance, individual and family therapy, equine relational programming, and many other activities to give Kentucky teenagers the variety they need to grow and change.
If you have questions or concerns about our wilderness treatment center, do get in touch with us at 800-975-7303, and well be happy to talk to you about your options.
Anxiety Disorders Association of British Columbia: This Canadian Association is a leading online presence when it comes to resources on anxiety and anxiety disorders. They also provide a downloadable app called Mindshift designed to help young people manage anxiety, using step by step strategies.
Mind Your Mind : This website is a bounty of helpful information. It gives specific insight into various mental health issues, but it also gives many practical tips and advice for ways to promote wellness and personal expression. Its a great site for young people to explore as a way of broadening their horizons mentally and emotionally.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Learning differences
– Poor academic achievement
– School refusal
– Adoption issues
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Family conflict
– Low self-esteem
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Manipulative behavior
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Kentucky Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Kentucky
Trails Carolina helps Kentucky families from cities and towns like Union Fort Mitchell Crestview Hills Villa Hills Edgewood Crescent Springs Hebron Fort Thomas Lakeside Park Walton
- Can Virtual Outdoor Games Compare to Wilderness Therapy?People don’t have to go outside to enjoy nature’s restorative effects. Living close to green spaces or even having a view of nature from a window is associated with greater health benefits than living in an industrialized area. As public green spaces are disappearing and teens are spending more time... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 23, 2019 - 5:38 am
- Improving Self Esteem for Teens on the Autism SpectrumLow self-esteem is often an ongoing challenge for teens on the autism spectrum. While they are often self-aware of their own interests and struggles, they struggle to communicate these to others due to fear of judgment or not fitting in. Many teens on the spectrum have a tendency to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 8, 2020 - 8:42 pm
- Equine Programming Serves as Alternative Experiential Therapy for Anxious TeensMany young people don’t respond well to traditional forms of therapy. Group therapy can feel overwhelming for teens with social anxiety and talking to a therapist can feel intimidating if they don’t know them very well. Wilderness therapy programs utilize a variety of alternative experiential therapies, like equine programming, to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 17, 2020 - 5:52 pm