Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Iowa
Trails Carolina Offers Hope for Iowa Teens at Wilderness Treatment Center
When Iowa teens are struggling with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, aggressive behavior, school refusal, and others, it can be hard to know just what to do to help them. Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center specifically dedicated to helping young people find their way when they are lost and confused.
As part of our multi-disciplinary approach, Iowa teens will have the opportunity to learn many different skills in a variety of different contexts. A prime feature of Trails Carolina wilderness treatment center is the focus on wilderness therapy, a modality which has been shown to be effective with young people, as it is stimulating for both the mind and the body, and has a hands-on flavor that teens relate to well. Multi-day expeditions into the Carolina wilderness will give Iowa teens a chance to develop a sense of responsibility, endurance, persistence, teamwork, and the ability to deal with unexpected or unwanted circumstances.
In an effort to prepare Iowa teens to function effectively in the real world, at our wilderness treatment center residents rotate between the wilderness expeditions and periods spent at base camp, where they will engage in academic coursework, have a chance to socialize with their peers in a normal setting, and receive therapy.
Teens from Iowa will be closely followed in personal, group, and family therapy sessions where they will have a chance to explore the issues that theyre facing in a climate of nurturing and supportive care that values who they are as a person.
With the help of an expert team, your teens stay at our wilderness treatment center could be the opportunity to build character for a lifetime.
Leading Wilderness Treatment Center for Iowa Adolescents
Trails Carolina is a wilderness treatment center that combines many different approaches to give Iowa teens the tools to cope with their problems and look to the future with more confidence and hope. If your teen is struggling with uncontrollable sadness, anger, lack of motivation, or lack of self-esteem, Trails Carolina offers a unique therapeutic program to fit their individual needs.
By removing Iowa teens from their normal environment, they will not be tempted to retreat away into the comforting distractions of technology or be influenced by the pressures of social groups at school. At a wilderness treatment center, they will have the space and time to reflect more clearly on their situation, difficulties, and ambitions, and will have the nurturing, expert care of a multi-disciplinary team to help them on their journey.
Although not located in Iowa, Trails Carolina helps teens from all over the United States and abroad.
More and more experts in the field of psychology are coming to the conclusion that wilderness therapy programs are highly effective for young people as opposed to more traditional forms of residential treatment, because wilderness treatment centers allow for a dynamic and multi-dimensional experience in which Iowa teens can explore nature, test their own strengths and weaknesses in a hands-on way, and build authentic relationships with peers and adults during the trials and triumphs of exploring the natural world.
Trails Carolina also offers accredited academic guidance, individual and family therapy, equine relational programming, and many other activities to give Iowa teenagers the variety they need to grow and change.
If you have questions or concerns about our wilderness treatment center, do get in touch with us at 800-975-7303, and well be happy to talk to you about your options.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Attachment issues
– School refusal
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Poor academic achievement
– Family conflict
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Learning differences
– Manipulative behavior
– Adoption issues
To Write Love on Her Arms: This is a non-profit organization dedicated to giving hope and help to those struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. They offer an interesting blog that young people especially could find inspiring. They also organize events all over the U.S. to spread a message of hope around mental illness.
Not Just Horsing Around…Psychologists Put Their Faith in Equine Therapies : This article by The Guardian takes a deeper look into Equine Relational Programming, a unique feature of Trails Carolina wilderness treatment program. The article explains what equine relational programming is and how it has been proven to help with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Iowa Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Iowa
Trails Carolina helps Iowa families from cities and towns like Cumming Johnston Polk City Clive University Heights Waukee Granger Runnells Lawton Van Meter
- How Wilderness Can Help Teens with Bipolar Disorder Find Balance in Their LivesTeenagers are known for mood swings, but sometimes their high highs and low lows may be more than just hormonal changes. It is hard to recognize bipolar disorder in teens when transient periods of moodiness are normalized. Knowing the difference between bipolar disorder, depression, and teen mood swings is important... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: February 18, 2020 - 9:28 pm
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens with AnxietyA common phrase used to signal anxiety is “I have butterflies in my stomach.” This suggests that people are subconsciously aware of how physical sensations can alert us to anxious thoughts without necessarily making the connection. Teens are often better at noticing signs of physical anxiety than being able to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: January 7, 2020 - 6:55 pm
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy programs for middle school students... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2020 - 6:32 pm