Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Florida
At Trails Carolina Florida Teens Find the Opportunity for Growth They Need
Trails Carolina is a unique, multi-dimensional wilderness program for teens struggling with behavioral and emotional problems that are making it difficult for them to move on successfully with their life. Florida teens that are falling behind in school, experimenting with substances, facing body image issues, or struggling with depression or anxiety, will find the nurturing, supportive environment they need at our wilderness treatment center.
Wilderness therapy is considered one of the best therapeutic methods for young people by many leading psychologists. During their stay at our wilderness treatment center, Florida teens will participate in long adventure expeditions into the breath-taking nature of Western North Carolina.
Through this unique opportunity Florida teens will be able to develop a variety of skills, such as planning ahead, dealing with unexpected circumstances, and learning to work together with peers and adults in a constructive way. Contact with nature is also a great way to get away from confusion and stress, and will give Florida teens a healthy new context that encourages greater self-reflection.
As part of our family systems approach, at Trails Carolina we consider the family unit to be crucial to the healing process of the teens that come to our wilderness treatment center. That is why each family is works with a trained family therapist, who will facilitate communication and focus on rebuilding fractured family connections. Parents and siblings will have a chance to go through their own process of increased growth and self-awareness.
Building a strong family bond is crucial to the last phase of the healing journey facilitated by Trails Carolina. As Florida teens get ready to leave the wilderness treatment center, the strength of their new connections at home will help them fully integrate their new skills and awareness into their day-to-day lives.
Wilderness Treatment Center for Florida Teens
Trails Carolina is a leading wilderness treatment center for Florida teens struggling with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues, such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse, school refusal, and many more. The program features a multi-disciplinary approach aimed at helping teens develop the skills they need to cope with the challenges they face and reach success in life.
At Trails Carolina wilderness treatment center, teens from Florida will have the chance to participate in a range of activities designed to help them grow in their self-awareness, self-esteem and ability to make healthy and productive choices. Combining expeditions into the wilderness lasting up to three weeks with a more residential setting at base camp, all while providing a structure of personal, group, and family therapy, ensures that Florida teens get the benefits of many different healing approaches.
With its breath-taking sites and many challenges, multi-day adventures into the wilderness provide a great opportunity for Florida teens to build a deeper relationship with themselves and to develop important skills such as planning ahead, managing frustration, and dealing with unexpected circumstances.
Coming back to base camp regularly will ensure that they learn how to shift from one environment to the other, a skill necessary to promote lasting change once they leave the wilderness treatment center.
For more information about how Trails Carolina can help your family, dial 800-975-7303 today.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social isolation
– School refusal
– Poor academic achievement
– Family conflict
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Low self-esteem
– Adoption issues
– Attachment issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Learning differences
– Manipulative behavior
To Write Love on Her Arms: This is a non-profit organization dedicated to giving hope and help to those struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. They offer an interesting blog that young people especially could find inspiring. They also organize events all over the U.S. to spread a message of hope around mental illness.
Anxiety Disorders Association of British Columbia: This Canadian Association is a leading online presence when it comes to resources on anxiety and anxiety disorders. They also provide a downloadable app called Mindshift designed to help young people manage anxiety, using step by step strategies.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Florida Families From
Some examples of cities from Florida which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Jacksonville Miami Tampa Orlando St. Petersburg Hialeah Tallahassee Fort Lauderdale Port St. Lucie Cape Coral Pembroke Pines Hollywood Miramar Gainesville Coral Springs Miami Gardens Clearwater Pompano Beach Palm Bay West Palm Beach Lakeland Davie town Miami Beach Plantation Boca Raton Sunrise Deltona Palm Coast Largo Deerfield Beach Melbourne Boynton Beach Fort Myers Lauderhill Weston Kissimmee Homestead Delray Beach Tamarac Daytona Beach Wellington village North Miami Jupiter town North Port Port Orange Coconut Creek Ocala Sanford Margate Sarasota Doral Pensacola Bradenton Palm Beach Gardens Coral Gables Pinellas Park
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Florida
Trails Carolina helps Florida families from cities and towns like Fisher Island Gulf Stream Boca Grande Key Biscayne Pinecrest Captiva Palm Beach Ocean Ridge Anna Maria Islamorada
- What Role Does Social Media Play in Behavior Issues?Social has an unavoidable impact on how we view ourselves. Excessive use of technology is often associated with a distorted worldview and less time devoted to healthy behaviors. Researchers have spent a lot of time analyzing the effect of social media on teen mental health but are just starting to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 18, 2019 - 5:46 pm
- Fighting Boredom in Teens with ADHDAccording to a recent study, adults experience 131 days of boredom per year. While full-time responsibilities can trap them in routines, they also have more choices and freedom to keep themselves engaged in fulfilling activities and work. If adults experience boredom this frequently, what about teens with ADHD who are... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 23, 2019 - 4:07 pm
- Family Stress Over Holiday Season Leads to Unhealthy CopingFor some, the winter holidays are the most wonderful time of year. For others, it brings out their inner Grinch, irritated by the joy other people seem to be experiencing during a period of intense family stress. Teens look forward to unstructured time over winter break, but it often only... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 18, 2019 - 3:00 pm