Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Delaware
At Trails Carolina Delaware Teens Find the Opportunity for Growth They Need
Trails Carolina is a unique, multi-dimensional wilderness program for teens struggling with behavioral and emotional problems that are making it difficult for them to move on successfully with their life. Delaware teens that are falling behind in school, experimenting with substances, facing body image issues, or struggling with depression or anxiety, will find the nurturing, supportive environment they need at our wilderness treatment center.
Wilderness therapy is considered one of the best therapeutic methods for young people by many leading psychologists. During their stay at our wilderness treatment center, Delaware teens will participate in long adventure expeditions into the breath-taking nature of Western North Carolina.
Through this unique opportunity Delaware teens will be able to develop a variety of skills, such as planning ahead, dealing with unexpected circumstances, and learning to work together with peers and adults in a constructive way. Contact with nature is also a great way to get away from confusion and stress, and will give Delaware teens a healthy new context that encourages greater self-reflection.
As part of our family systems approach, at Trails Carolina we consider the family unit to be crucial to the healing process of the teens that come to our wilderness treatment center. That is why each family is works with a trained family therapist, who will facilitate communication and focus on rebuilding fractured family connections. Parents and siblings will have a chance to go through their own process of increased growth and self-awareness.
Building a strong family bond is crucial to the last phase of the healing journey facilitated by Trails Carolina. As Delaware teens get ready to leave the wilderness treatment center, the strength of their new connections at home will help them fully integrate their new skills and awareness into their day-to-day lives.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor academic achievement
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Family conflict
– Low self-esteem
– School refusal
– Attachment issues
– Social isolation
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Learning differences
– Manipulative behavior
– Adoption issues
Wilderness Treatment Center for Teenagers from Delaware
At Trails Carolina teenagers from Delaware will find a multi-disciplinary program designed to help them cope with the behavioral and emotional issues that are making their lives a struggle, such as anxiety, lack of self-esteem, body image issues, depression, anger, defiance, and many others.
At our wilderness treatment center, the teens will have a chance to get away from the distractions and unhealthy coping mechanisms they have developed at home, and to focus exclusively on their own thoughts, feelings, and actions. Although some teens from Delaware will find adjusting difficult at first, Trails Carolinas expert team will guide them in the process of adapting to their new circumstances.
Trails Carolina is located in Western North Carolina, however we help teens from Delaware.
During their time at Trails Carolina wilderness treatment center, teens will benefit from the continued guidance and support of personal therapists, as well as forming healthy relationships with peers in group therapy sessions and during their excursions in nature. Delaware families will also have a chance to reconnect through family therapy sessions, where our expert family therapist will help rebuild family connections and aid parents and siblings in learning and growing in their own ways during the process.
If you want to know more about how Trails Carolina can help your Delaware teen find success, call 800-975-7303 to talk to one of our experts about the program.
A Systematic Review of Wilderness Therapy: Theory, Practice, and Outcomes: This clinical research paper delves into the description of what wilderness therapy is, how it is carried out, and the actual research findings on its efficacy for helping troubled youth. For parents looking for in-depth information about this type of therapy, this paper looks at many of its fundamental aspects.
International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression : This foundations mission is to project an image of positivity about depression to help alleviate the stigma associated with mental health, and especially depression. It provides informative content, a list of support resources, and many inspiring projects to get involved with the community.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Delaware
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Delaware Families From
Some examples of cities from Delaware which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Wilmington Hockessin Townsend Bear Middletown
- What to Do When Your Child Has Been Suspended from SchoolFinding out that your child has been suspended from school can be difficult for any parent to hear, especially if it’s not their first time. Every school has a different system when it comes to what kind of behavior warrants suspension and what suspension will look like. Some schools may... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 7, 2019 - 7:02 am
- Recognizing Anxiety in Teens with AutismRecognizing anxiety in teens with autism is important in getting them the help they need. First, you should educate yourself on the information research has found on the link between anxiety and autism. Here are some ways in which anxiety arises in teens with autism: Specific phobia: a specific phobia, namely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 29, 2019 - 3:30 pm
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm