Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From Colorado
Trails Carolina Wilderness Treatment Center is Unique Opportunity for Colorado Teens
Trails Carolina is a multi-disciplinary wilderness treatment center focused on helping Colorado teens struggling with many different issues, such as substance abuse, anxiety, depression, defiance, school refusal, and many others. Each teen will be closely followed and encouraged through an individualized program which takes into account every residents personal needs, desires, ambitions, and abilities.
During their stay at our wilderness treatment center,Colorado teens will have the chance to transition regularly from wilderness expeditions lasting up to three weeks to periods spent at base camp resembling the real world, where they will focus on academics and personal therapy. This frequent change of environments will give teens from Colorado the chance to build the resilience and adaptability they need to lead successful lives after they return home.
Although being far from home for a long time might be scary or difficult for some teens from Colorado, distance from the environment theyre used to will give the teens an excellent opportunity to take a fresh look at their lives.
With the help and guidance of our fully-trained multi-disciplinary team, Colorado teens at our wilderness treatment center will have the space and time they need to re-evaluate their lives and come to deeper insight and understanding about their feelings and actions. By combining the hands-on and immersive experience of wilderness expeditions with more structured goal-setting at base camp, Colorado teens are given the best possible tools to face the issues that are troubling them.
Wilderness Treatment Center for Colorado Teens
Trails Carolina is a leading wilderness treatment center for Colorado teens struggling with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues, such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse, school refusal, and many more. The program features a multi-disciplinary approach aimed at helping teens develop the skills they need to cope with the challenges they face and reach success in life.
At Trails Carolina wilderness treatment center, teens from Colorado will have the chance to participate in a range of activities designed to help them grow in their self-awareness, self-esteem and ability to make healthy and productive choices. Combining expeditions into the wilderness lasting up to three weeks with a more residential setting at base camp, all while providing a structure of personal, group, and family therapy, ensures that Colorado teens get the benefits of many different healing approaches.
With its breath-taking sites and many challenges, multi-day adventures into the wilderness provide a great opportunity for Colorado teens to build a deeper relationship with themselves and to develop important skills such as planning ahead, managing frustration, and dealing with unexpected circumstances.
Coming back to base camp regularly will ensure that they learn how to shift from one environment to the other, a skill necessary to promote lasting change once they leave the wilderness treatment center.
For more information about how Trails Carolina can help your family, dial 800-975-7303 today.
Parent Handbook on Childhood and Teen Depression: This handbook was created by Erikas Lighthouse, a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness on depression in young people. It aims to help parents navigate the many questions and fears surrounding depression in their children, and how to get the best possible help.
International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression : This foundations mission is to project an image of positivity about depression to help alleviate the stigma associated with mental health, and especially depression. It provides informative content, a list of support resources, and many inspiring projects to get involved with the community.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Low self-esteem
– Adoption issues
– Family conflict
– School refusal
– Learning differences
– Attachment issues
– Manipulative behavior
– Poor academic achievement
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Social isolation
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Colorado Families From
Some examples of cities from Colorado which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Denver Colorado Springs Aurora Fort Collins Lakewood Thornton Arvada Westminster Pueblo Centennial Boulder Greeley Longmont Loveland Broomfield Grand Junction Castle Rock town Commerce
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Colorado
Trails Carolina helps Colorado families from cities and towns like Cherry Hills Village Aspen Greenwood Village Columbine Valley Vail Edwards Genesee Niwot Boulder Basalt
- What to Do When Your Child Has Been Suspended from SchoolFinding out that your child has been suspended from school can be difficult for any parent to hear, especially if it’s not their first time. Every school has a different system when it comes to what kind of behavior warrants suspension and what suspension will look like. Some schools may... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 7, 2019 - 7:02 am
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm
- Helping Teens Struggling With Loneliness and Sedentary BehaviorWhile there’s a difference between loneliness and spending time alone, loneliness is associated with participating in fewer meaningful activities with other people. It’s possible for people to find meaning in solitary activities, like creative expression or work, but most of these activities are available from the comfort of one’s own... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 2, 2019 - 8:22 pm