Wilderness Treatment Center for Families From California
Wilderness Treatment Center for California Teens
Trails Carolina is a leading wilderness treatment center for California teens struggling with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues, such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse, school refusal, and many more. The program features a multi-disciplinary approach aimed at helping teens develop the skills they need to cope with the challenges they face and reach success in life.
At Trails Carolina wilderness treatment center, teens from California will have the chance to participate in a range of activities designed to help them grow in their self-awareness, self-esteem and ability to make healthy and productive choices. Combining expeditions into the wilderness lasting up to three weeks with a more residential setting at base camp, all while providing a structure of personal, group, and family therapy, ensures that California teens get the benefits of many different healing approaches.
With its breath-taking sites and many challenges, multi-day adventures into the wilderness provide a great opportunity for California teens to build a deeper relationship with themselves and to develop important skills such as planning ahead, managing frustration, and dealing with unexpected circumstances.
Coming back to base camp regularly will ensure that they learn how to shift from one environment to the other, a skill necessary to promote lasting change once they leave the wilderness treatment center.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Treatment Center is Unique Opportunity for California Teens
Trails Carolina is a multi-disciplinary wilderness treatment center focused on helping California teens struggling with many different issues, such as substance abuse, anxiety, depression, defiance, school refusal, and many others. Each teen will be closely followed and encouraged through an individualized program which takes into account every residents personal needs, desires, ambitions, and abilities.
During their stay at our wilderness treatment center,California teens will have the chance to transition regularly from wilderness expeditions lasting up to three weeks to periods spent at base camp resembling the real world, where they will focus on academics and personal therapy. This frequent change of environments will give teens from California the chance to build the resilience and adaptability they need to lead successful lives after they return home.
Although being far from home for a long time might be scary or difficult for some teens from California, distance from the environment theyre used to will give the teens an excellent opportunity to take a fresh look at their lives.
With the help and guidance of our fully-trained multi-disciplinary team, California teens at our wilderness treatment center will have the space and time they need to re-evaluate their lives and come to deeper insight and understanding about their feelings and actions. By combining the hands-on and immersive experience of wilderness expeditions with more structured goal-setting at base camp, California teens are given the best possible tools to face the issues that are troubling them.
International Foundation for Research and Education on Depression : This foundations mission is to project an image of positivity about depression to help alleviate the stigma associated with mental health, and especially depression. It provides informative content, a list of support resources, and many inspiring projects to get involved with the community.
In UR Head : This is a website composed of two specific areas, one aimed at teens and the other at parents, to inform and provide helpful resources on the topic of mental health and substance abuse in young people. It covers anything from feelings of not fitting into more severe problems such as psychosis.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Adoption issues
– Family conflict
– Gaming and technology obsession
– School refusal
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
– Manipulative behavior
– Learning differences
– Attachment issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From California
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps California Families From
Some examples of cities from California which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Los Angeles San Diego San Jose San Francisco Fresno Sacramento Long Beach Oakland Bakersfield Anaheim Santa Ana Riverside Stockton Chula Vista Irvine Fremont San Bernardino Modesto Oxnard Fontana Moreno Valley Huntington Beach Glendale Santa Clarita Garden Grove Oceanside Rancho Cucamonga Santa Rosa Ontario Elk Grove Corona Lancaster Palmdale Salinas Hayward Pomona Escondido Sunnyvale Torrance Pasadena Orange Fullerton Thousand Oaks Visalia Roseville Concord Simi Valley Santa Clara Victorville Vallejo Berkeley El Monte Downey Costa Mesa Carlsbad Inglewood Fairfield San Buenaventura (Ventura) Temecula Antioch Richmond West Covina Murrieta Norwalk Daly Burbank Santa Maria El Cajon San Mateo Rialto Clovis Jurupa Valley Compton Vista Mission Viejo South Gate Vacaville Carson Santa Monica San Marcos Hesperia Westminster Redding Santa Barbara San Leandro Chico Hawthorne Whittier Newport Beach Livermore Citrus Heights Tracy Indio Alhambra Menifee Chino Buena Park Hemet Redwood Merced Lakewood
- The Unhealthy Connection Between Perfectionism and AnxietyWhile being a perfectionist can be a good thing, perfectionism can have negative impacts on one’s life. In fact, perfectionism can be directly linked to anxiety. On the surface perfectionism is basically one’s desire to be a perfect person. “Healthy” perfectionism can help motivate one to achieve goals, complete tasks,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 29, 2019 - 5:29 pm
- New Study Suggests Internet Addiction Affects our Brain ChemistryMany parents are concerned that spending too much time online may take away from the time their kids spend learning in more conventional ways, through reading and face-to-face interactions. Recent research confirms that the internet actually affects our brain’s learning networks. Our brains are conditioned to be attracted to the... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 26, 2019 - 8:09 pm
- New Study Reveals Effect of Healthy Lifestyle Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in TeensDepression and anxiety are the most common mental health issues and are often co-occurring. While they are both neurological conditions that are influenced by family history, a new study looking at behavioral risk factors of depression and anxiety in teens found that obesity, limited physical activity, and an unhealthy diet... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 8, 2019 - 4:22 pm