Wilderness Therapy for Families From South Dakota
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy helps teens from South Dakota heal
When struggling teens from South Dakota first come to Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, they may be resistant to the idea at first. Some level of apprehension is completely normal for teens in need of therapeutic help. Trails Carolina combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling teens from South Dakota the best care possible. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), Trails Carolina offers the highest level of therapeutic care for struggling South Dakota teens and their families.
At Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, teens are placed in an environment where they are forced to interact with their peers and mentors. Away from the various ways teens escape from the world around them (i.e. social media, video games, and television), teens are able to focus on improving their behaviors and becoming more self aware.
Trails Carolina offers a unique approach to wilderness therapy with the following:
- Family-focused therapy: At Trails Carolina, families from South Dakota and all over the U.S. are provided a life-altering experience. The unparalleled attention paid to reconnecting families with their struggling teens is a truly special aspect of Trails Carolina wilderness therapy.
- Transitional skills: After troubled teens leave Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, they can transition back home to South Dakota smoothly because of the useful life skills learned during their time at Trails.
- Expert staff: Many of our staff our specialized in specific fields of mental health in order to best help your childs specific struggles.
South Dakota Wilderness Therapy for Teens
Trails Carolina, one of the nations leading wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens from South Dakota, provides comprehensive therapeutic treatment to teens from South Dakota dealing with emotional and behavioral issues. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Carolina provides teens with the therapeutic and personal tools they need to cope with their difficulties in order to find success after transitioning out of therapeutic programs.
In order to provide teens and their families with the most healing experience possible, wilderness therapy programs for teens from South Dakota combine various therapeutic techniques such as adventure therapy, experiential therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy.
Although not located in South Dakota, Trails Carolina wilderness therapy offers admission to teens across the country. Wilderness therapy works by removing a teen from the hecticness of everyday life. By adding some physical distance between your child and the environment that may be influencing their behaviors in South Dakota, your child will be able to focus on changing their behaviors and noticing how their behaviors affect others.
Wilderness therapy is becoming one of the most widely utilized forms of inpatient treatment and is supported by a large number of expert psychologists. Trails Carolina is among the top wilderness therapy programs in the country because of their innovative therapeutic techniques and quality of care.
To find out more about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your South Dakota teen get help, call today at 800-975-7303 .
How Wilderness Therapy Works: An Examination of the Wilderness Therapy Process to Treat Adolescents With Behavioral Problems and Addictions: This paper by Keith Russell, leading expert in the field of wilderness therapy, summarizes the results of an in depth study of four top wilderness therapy programs. This study examined what types of behavioral and emotional issues wilderness therapy is commonly used for, what wilderness therapy does to help teens, and what results wilderness therapy has for the overall treatment of young people.
Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Council: This group is comprised of representatives from each of the leading wilderness therapy programs in the country. Every member of the OBH Council must abide by best practices and follow a strict set of best care guidelines. As a member of the OBH Council, Trails Carolina offers the highest level of care and safety for its students.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low self-esteem
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– School refusal
– Social isolation
– Adoption issues
– Attachment issues
– Poor academic achievement
– Manipulative behavior
– Learning differences
– Family conflict
– Gaming and technology obsession
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps South Dakota Families From
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From South Dakota
Trails Carolina helps South Dakota families from cities and towns like Hartford
- Building Healthy Living Skills: Highlighting Trails To Wellness ProgrammingAt Trails Carolina, we believe that lasting success and happiness comes from healing the entire individual, not just one specific “problem area”. To help instill healthy habits into a student’s everyday life, we have developed a week full of classes and experiential activities focusing on overall wellness. This program, known... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2019 - 4:25 pm
- Addressing Trauma in Teenage YearsThe teenage years can bring about new and difficult challenges for individuals. Adding trauma into the mix can make things even more overwhelming. Trauma in teenage years can have lasting impacts on one’s life if not properly addressed. As a parent you may feel helpless or unsure of what to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 23, 2019 - 7:19 pm
- Winter in Wilderness Therapy: Keeping students warm during the winter monthsAs chillier weather sets into the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, it is Trails Carolina’s utmost concern to keep students feeling comfortable and warm while participating in wilderness therapy in the great outdoors. During cooler months, we instill a variety of practices and techniques that help keep students and... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 15, 2018 - 3:25 pm