Wilderness Therapy for Families From South Carolina
South Carolina Wilderness Therapy for Teens
Trails Carolina, one of the nations leading wilderness therapy programs for struggling teens from South Carolina, provides comprehensive therapeutic treatment to teens from South Carolina dealing with emotional and behavioral issues. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Carolina provides teens with the therapeutic and personal tools they need to cope with their difficulties in order to find success after transitioning out of therapeutic programs.
In order to provide teens and their families with the most healing experience possible, wilderness therapy programs for teens from South Carolina combine various therapeutic techniques such as adventure therapy, experiential therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy.
Although not located in South Carolina, Trails Carolina wilderness therapy offers admission to teens across the country. Wilderness therapy works by removing a teen from the hecticness of everyday life. By adding some physical distance between your child and the environment that may be influencing their behaviors in South Carolina, your child will be able to focus on changing their behaviors and noticing how their behaviors affect others.
Wilderness therapy is becoming one of the most widely utilized forms of inpatient treatment and is supported by a large number of expert psychologists. Trails Carolina is among the top wilderness therapy programs in the country because of their innovative therapeutic techniques and quality of care.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy helps teens from South Carolina heal
When struggling teens from South Carolina first come to Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, they may be resistant to the idea at first. Some level of apprehension is completely normal for teens in need of therapeutic help. Trails Carolina combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling teens from South Carolina the best care possible. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), Trails Carolina offers the highest level of therapeutic care for struggling South Carolina teens and their families.
At Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, teens are placed in an environment where they are forced to interact with their peers and mentors. Away from the various ways teens escape from the world around them (i.e. social media, video games, and television), teens are able to focus on improving their behaviors and becoming more self aware.
Trails Carolina offers a unique approach to wilderness therapy with the following:
- Family-focused therapy: At Trails Carolina, families from South Carolina and all over the U.S. are provided a life-altering experience. The unparalleled attention paid to reconnecting families with their struggling teens is a truly special aspect of Trails Carolina wilderness therapy.
- Transitional skills: After troubled teens leave Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, they can transition back home to South Carolina smoothly because of the useful life skills learned during their time at Trails.
- Expert staff: Many of our staff our specialized in specific fields of mental health in order to best help your childs specific struggles.
Journal of Adolescent and Family Health: This journal contains a variety of studies related to wilderness therapy and other inpatient therapeutic programs. One study found that wilderness therapy greatly reduces an adolescents chances to return to destructive behaviors in their life. This is great news for any parent hoping to help their child find success.
How Wilderness Therapy Works: An Examination of the Wilderness Therapy Process to Treat Adolescents With Behavioral Problems and Addictions: This paper by Keith Russell, leading expert in the field of wilderness therapy, summarizes the results of an in depth study of four top wilderness therapy programs. This study examined what types of behavioral and emotional issues wilderness therapy is commonly used for, what wilderness therapy does to help teens, and what results wilderness therapy has for the overall treatment of young people.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
– Poor academic achievement
– School refusal
– Attachment issues
– Family conflict
– Attachment issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Learning differences
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Adoption issues
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From South Carolina
Trails Carolina helps South Carolina families from cities and towns like Sullivans Island Kiawah Island Isle of Palms Folly Beach Seabrook Island Meggett Mount Pleasant Hilton Head Island Awendaw Edisto Beach
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps South Carolina Families From
Some examples of cities from South Carolina which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Columbia Charleston North Charleston Mount Pleasant Rock Hill Greenville
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm
- The Best Wilderness Therapy Programs Take a Holistic ApproachThe best wilderness therapy programs involve much more than building bonfires and camping. Wilderness therapy programs, like Trails Carolina, take a holistic approach to traditional therapy by offering a variety of wraparound services to help teens grow in multiple areas of their lives. Removed from distractions and negative influences at... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 11, 2019 - 3:14 pm
- Outdoor Education at Nature Center in Wilderness Therapy ProgramsLessons in science textbooks come alive at Trails Carolina’s Nature Center that offers students unique projects and field studies to help them open their eyes to the environment. Traditional school settings often don’t have the time or resources to offer hands-on labs for students studying wildlife or resource conservation, so... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 4, 2019 - 3:26 pm