Wilderness Therapy for Families From North Carolina
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from North Carolina
Wilderness therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling teens and their families. Many teens who have little experience with being active and outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your struggling childs life during their time at wilderness therapy can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your teen creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy have come out of the process with life-long friends.
During their stay at Trails Carolina, North Carolina teens work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles. Instead of engaging in a power struggle with their therapists, many students at Trails Carolina become truly engaged in their own change.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your teen from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a teens emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your teens peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your teen from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better.
Wilderness Therapy for North Carolina Adolescents
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy provides adolescents from North Carolina with the therapeutic help they need to work through emotional and behavioral struggles. Wilderness therapy for teens from North Carolina allows for personal and emotional growth. Trails Carolina is not located in North Carolina, however, it may be helpful for your teen to have some physical distance from home. By removing North Carolina teens from their usual surroundings, wilderness therapy allows for North Carolina adolescents to look inward and gain personal skills such as teamwork, responsibility, and accountability.
Many wilderness therapy programs for teens from North Carolina offer programming that combines outdoor and adventure therapy with traditional therapeutic practices like individual and group therapy. If parents are considering other therapeutic options like residential treatment centers, there is a wide range of evidence that supports wilderness therapy as a great alternative to residential treatment.
Wilderness therapy programming has given many North Carolina families the opportunity to repair their damaged relationship with their child. Trails Carolina wilderness therapy offers family-focused programming that includes weekly family therapy sessions, as well as family workshops.
Adolescents from North Carolina struggling with behavioral and emotional issues like depression, anger issues, substance experimentation, and defiance find the therapeutic help they need at Trails Carolina wilderness therapy.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy helps adolescents from North Carolina find success. To speak with an expert about our program, please call 800-975-7303 today!
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Poor academic achievement
– Adoption issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Manipulative behavior
– Low self-esteem
– School refusal
– Learning differences
– Family conflict
– Attachment issues
– Social isolation
Journal of Adolescent and Family Health: This journal contains a variety of studies related to wilderness therapy and other inpatient therapeutic programs. One study found that wilderness therapy greatly reduces an adolescents chances to return to destructive behaviors in their life. This is great news for any parent hoping to help their child find success.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a collaborative encyclopedia that contains a wealth of information about mental health issues, among millions of other topics. Wikipedia contains an in depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. It also discusses what happens after a teen attends wilderness therapy, including the transition process back home or to another therapeutic program.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps North Carolina Families From
Some examples of cities from North Carolina which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Charlotte Raleigh Greensboro Durham Winston-Salem Fayetteville Cary town Wilmington High Point Greenville Asheville Concord Gastonia Jacksonville Chapel Hill town Rocky Mount Burlington Huntersville town
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From North Carolina
Trails Carolina helps North Carolina families from cities and towns like Biltmore Forest Wrightsville Beach Bald Head Island Marvin Topsail Beach Weddington Cashiers Lake Toxaway Holden Beach Emerald Isle
- Do’s and Don’ts of Talking to Your Child With DepressionIs your child struggling with depression? You are not alone. Depression and anxiety are more common than you might think. One in four Americans struggle with depression at some point in their lives, meaning almost everyone knows a friend or family member that has experienced symptoms of depression. With rates of... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 28, 2019 - 6:54 pm
- Why is Nature Nurturing? 4 Benefits of a Wilderness EnvironmentThe nature-nurture debate has sparked interest in recent years, as people have observed the impact of environmental factors in changing one’s behavior. Most psychologists argue that people’s experiences are shaped by both their nature and how they’ve been nurtured, rather than one or the other. As environmentalists have noted that... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 11, 2019 - 7:21 pm
- The Best Wilderness Therapy Programs Take a Holistic ApproachThe best wilderness therapy programs involve much more than building bonfires and camping. Wilderness therapy programs, like Trails Carolina, take a holistic approach to traditional therapy by offering a variety of wraparound services to help teens grow in multiple areas of their lives. Removed from distractions and negative influences at... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 11, 2019 - 3:14 pm