Wilderness Therapy for Families From Missouri
Wilderness Therapy for Missouri Teens
Trails Carolina is a leading wilderness therapy program for Missouri teens struggling to succeed due to emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Carolina helps teens struggling with problems like depression, anxiety, defiance, substance experimentation, school refusal, technology addiction, and anger issues. Wilderness therapy helps Missouri teens work through their struggles by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing, nurturing environment surrounded by therapeutic professionals.
This removal from everyday life allows teens to become extremely focused on their own struggles, allowing them to make necessary changes to their behaviors.
Although Trails Carolina wilderness therapy is not located in Missouri, the program is designed for teens across the country. Sending your child out of Missouri to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your teens healing process. By physically removing your teen from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your teens struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Carolina provides Missouri teens and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your child from Missouri, please call 800-975-7303 today!
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social isolation
– Learning differences
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Manipulative behavior
– Adoption issues
– Attachment issues
– Poor academic achievement
– Family conflict
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– School refusal
– Low self-esteem
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from Missouri
Wilderness therapy can seem like an intimidating form of therapy for struggling teens and their families. Many teens who have little experience with being active and outdoors may be apprehensive about getting help in an outdoor setting. At Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, this is very much taken into account.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your struggling childs life during their time at wilderness therapy can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your teen creates a built in support system during this process. Struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy have come out of the process with life-long friends.
During their stay at Trails Carolina, Missouri teens work with expert therapists to develop coping techniques in order to manage behavioral and emotional struggles. Instead of engaging in a power struggle with their therapists, many students at Trails Carolina become truly engaged in their own change.
Wilderness therapy works by extracting your teen from their natural environment. Often, the environment of home and school life can be a contributing factor to a teens emotional and behavioral problems. For example, your teens peers may be influencing their impulsive or defiant behavior. By removing your teen from that environment, they are able to better focus on changing their behaviors for the better. Although Trails Carolina is not located in Missouri, the physical distance from home allows for greater emotional and behavioral improvements.
Wikidata: Wikidata contains snippets of information about a variety of subjects, including wilderness therapy. If youre looking for a very concise definition of therapeutic programs for your child, Wikidata is a good option for that.
Your Little Professor: Your Little Professor provides a variety of information for parents seeking help for their troubled child. It also contains information about treatment options for struggling teens, including detailed information about wilderness therapy. Although the site is mainly focused on helping parents of children on the autism spectrum, Your Little Professor has a bit of information for parents of teens struggling with other emotional and behavioral issues such as substance use and depression.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Missouri Families From
Some examples of cities from Missouri which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Kansas City St. Louis Springfield Independence Columbia Lee’s Summit O’Fallon St. Joseph St. Charles St. Peters Blue Springs Florissant Joplin
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Missouri
Trails Carolina helps Missouri families from cities and towns like Ladue Frontenac Town and Country Clayton Clarkson Valley Warson Woods Des Peres Creve Coeur Weldon Spring Lake Winnebago
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens with AnxietyA common phrase used to signal anxiety is “I have butterflies in my stomach.” This suggests that people are subconsciously aware of how physical sensations can alert us to anxious thoughts without necessarily making the connection. Teens are often better at noticing signs of physical anxiety than being able to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: January 7, 2020 - 6:55 pm
- Active Learning: Physical Activity in Outdoor ClassroomsStudents who participate in physical activity during school lessons do better on tests than students who stick to sedentary learning, according to a new study conducted by the University College London. Many students struggle with staying focused in a traditional classroom where lessons involve rote memorization and note-taking. Incorporating experiential... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 30, 2019 - 5:43 am
- Can Virtual Outdoor Games Compare to Wilderness Therapy?People don’t have to go outside to enjoy nature’s restorative effects. Living close to green spaces or even having a view of nature from a window is associated with greater health benefits than living in an industrialized area. As public green spaces are disappearing and teens are spending more time... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: December 23, 2019 - 5:38 am