Wilderness Therapy for Families From Louisiana
Wilderness Therapy for Louisiana Teens
Trails Carolina is a leading wilderness therapy program for Louisiana teens struggling to succeed due to emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Carolina helps teens struggling with problems like depression, anxiety, defiance, substance experimentation, school refusal, technology addiction, and anger issues. Wilderness therapy helps Louisiana teens work through their struggles by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing, nurturing environment surrounded by therapeutic professionals.
This removal from everyday life allows teens to become extremely focused on their own struggles, allowing them to make necessary changes to their behaviors.
Although Trails Carolina wilderness therapy is not located in Louisiana, the program is designed for teens across the country. Sending your child out of Louisiana to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your teens healing process. By physically removing your teen from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your teens struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Carolina provides Louisiana teens and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your child from Louisiana, please call 800-975-7303 today!
Life Changing Wilderness Therapy for Louisiana Teens at Trails Carolina
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy offers top notch therapeutic programming for Louisiana teens struggling with emotional and behavioral issues like substance experimentation, defiance, school refusal, and technology addiction. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for teens from Louisiana, Trails Carolina provides teens with the transitional skills they will need to become productive, successful individuals after they leave inpatient therapy.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy encourages teens to take action against their negative behaviors. By providing a safe, nurturing environment for Louisiana teens to work with expert therapists on developing coping tools designed to work through their struggles, Trails Carolina has helped hundreds of teens lead successful, happy lives long after they attend the program.
During wilderness therapy, teens learn how to work well with their peers and develop a sense of accountability and respect for those around them. These skills allow for an effective transition after a Louisiana teen leaves wilderness therapy. Wilderness therapy, such as the program offered at Trails Carolina, can completely change your struggling teens view of the world. Through a combination of family therapy, individual therapy, experiential therapy, and group therapy, Trails Carolina offers a top notch wilderness therapy program that can help your teen find success.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Adoption issues
– Poor academic achievement
– Manipulative behavior
– School refusal
– Learning differences
– Family conflict
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is a collaborative encyclopedia that contains a wealth of information about mental health issues, among millions of other topics. Wikipedia contains an in depth description of wilderness therapy including its history and a general description of how it is used in the field of psychology. It also discusses what happens after a teen attends wilderness therapy, including the transition process back home or to another therapeutic program.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)- NAMI provides a variety of resources for individuals who want to learn more about mental health struggles, who suffer from mental health issues themselves, or who have a loved one struggling with a mental health issue. NAMI has a wide array of articles that provide helpful information for people interested in learning more about mental health issues. They also have localized websites in order to help individuals learn more about local mental health resources.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Louisiana
Trails Carolina helps Louisiana families from cities and towns like Eden Isle Geismar Belle Chasse Madisonville Woodworth Mandeville River Ridge Benton Prairieville Metairie
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Louisiana Families From
Some examples of cities from Louisiana which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: New Orleans Baton Rouge Shreveport Lafayette Lake Charles Bossier Kenner
- Addressing Trauma in Teenage YearsThe teenage years can bring about new and difficult challenges for individuals. Adding trauma into the mix can make things even more overwhelming. Trauma in teenage years can have lasting impacts on one’s life if not properly addressed. As a parent you may feel helpless or unsure of what to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 23, 2019 - 7:19 pm
- Trails Carolina Primary Therapist Discusses Helping Teens with Attachment IssuesDifficulties with attachment are a common issue amongst individuals who have been adopted or who struggled with abuse or neglect in their early childhood. Teens with attachment issues often struggle with establishing boundaries and may not understand how to build meaningful relationships with others. At Trails Carolina, we work closely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 13, 2018 - 7:42 pm
- Building Healthy Living Skills: Highlighting Trails To Wellness ProgrammingAt Trails Carolina, we believe that lasting success and happiness comes from healing the entire individual, not just one specific “problem area”. To help instill healthy habits into a student’s everyday life, we have developed a week full of classes and experiential activities focusing on overall wellness. This program, known... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2019 - 4:25 pm