Wilderness Therapy for Families From California
Wilderness Therapy for California Teens
Trails Carolina is a leading wilderness therapy program for California teens struggling to succeed due to emotional or behavioral issues. Trails Carolina helps teens struggling with problems like depression, anxiety, defiance, substance experimentation, school refusal, technology addiction, and anger issues. Wilderness therapy helps California teens work through their struggles by removing them from the distractions of everyday life and placing them in a healing, nurturing environment surrounded by therapeutic professionals.
This removal from everyday life allows teens to become extremely focused on their own struggles, allowing them to make necessary changes to their behaviors.
Although Trails Carolina wilderness therapy is not located in California, the program is designed for teens across the country. Sending your child out of California to get help for their struggles can be beneficial to your teens healing process. By physically removing your teen from the negative influences of peers and situations that may encourage your teens struggles to continue, your teen can take a close look at how their behaviors are affecting others and take steps to improve their overall mental health.
Through a combination of expert, professional staff, family-focused programming, and evidence-based therapeutic offerings, Trails Carolina provides California teens and their families with the therapeutic tools necessary for lasting change.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your child from California, please call 800-975-7303 today!
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy helps teens from California heal
When struggling teens from California first come to Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, they may be resistant to the idea at first. Some level of apprehension is completely normal for teens in need of therapeutic help. Trails Carolina combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling teens from California the best care possible. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), Trails Carolina offers the highest level of therapeutic care for struggling California teens and their families.
At Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, teens are placed in an environment where they are forced to interact with their peers and mentors. Away from the various ways teens escape from the world around them (i.e. social media, video games, and television), teens are able to focus on improving their behaviors and becoming more self aware.
Trails Carolina offers a unique approach to wilderness therapy with the following:
- Family-focused therapy: At Trails Carolina, families from California and all over the U.S. are provided a life-altering experience. The unparalleled attention paid to reconnecting families with their struggling teens is a truly special aspect of Trails Carolina wilderness therapy.
- Transitional skills: After troubled teens leave Trails Carolina wilderness therapy, they can transition back home to California smoothly because of the useful life skills learned during their time at Trails.
- Expert staff: Many of our staff our specialized in specific fields of mental health in order to best help your childs specific struggles.
Psychology Today- Psychology Today has articles upon articles created for the purpose of helping people affected by mental health issues, including parents of struggling teens. Their articles are written by leading psychologists and experts in the mental health field who want to help people seeking more information about mental health and other fields of psychology.
Wikidata: Wikidata contains snippets of information about a variety of subjects, including wilderness therapy. If youre looking for a very concise definition of therapeutic programs for your child, Wikidata is a good option for that.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– School refusal
– Manipulative behavior
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Family conflict
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Learning differences
– Adoption issues
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From California
Trails Carolina helps California families from cities and towns like Atherton Los Altos Hills Hillsborough Portola Valley Belvedere Rolling Hills Woodside Beverly Hills Montecito Hidden Hills
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps California Families From
Some examples of cities from California which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Los Angeles San Diego San Jose San Francisco Fresno Sacramento Long Beach Oakland Bakersfield Anaheim Santa Ana Riverside Stockton Chula Vista Irvine Fremont San Bernardino Modesto Oxnard Fontana Moreno Valley Huntington Beach Glendale Santa Clarita Garden Grove Oceanside Rancho Cucamonga Santa Rosa Ontario Elk Grove Corona Lancaster Palmdale Salinas Hayward Pomona Escondido Sunnyvale Torrance Pasadena Orange Fullerton Thousand Oaks Visalia Roseville Concord Simi Valley Santa Clara Victorville Vallejo Berkeley El Monte Downey Costa Mesa Carlsbad Inglewood Fairfield San Buenaventura (Ventura) Temecula Antioch Richmond West Covina Murrieta Norwalk Daly Burbank Santa Maria El Cajon San Mateo Rialto Clovis Jurupa Valley Compton Vista Mission Viejo South Gate Vacaville Carson Santa Monica San Marcos Hesperia Westminster Redding Santa Barbara San Leandro Chico Hawthorne Whittier Newport Beach Livermore Citrus Heights Tracy Indio Alhambra Menifee Chino Buena Park Hemet Redwood Merced Lakewood
- New Year, New Me: Five Ideas For Realistic New Years ResolutionsEveryone knows New Year’s resolutions can be hard to keep. With goals like losing weight and staying active, people may start the year off on the right foot but start to renege on their commitment as the year goes on. Creating realistic New Year’s resolutions can prevent feelings of failure... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: January 1, 2019 - 6:21 pm
- The “Out of Control” that they won’t OutgrowSometimes it’s not “just a phase”. Often times, parents dismiss their teen’s behavior as part of a “phase”, but unfortunately it may be more than that. No one wants to think their child may be struggling with a deeper rooted issue that cannot be outgrown. But sometimes this may be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 6, 2018 - 2:24 pm
- Not just a nightmare: Help for a defiant teenager using drugsSubstance abuse is every parent’s worst nightmare, whether it’s alcohol or drugs like marijuana. Dealing with teenagers is hard on its own, but when you have a defiant teenager using drugs, things get a lot more complicated. And although you might think your teenager is just “experimenting“ with drugs, keep... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 23, 2018 - 1:39 pm