Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Wisconsin Families
Wilderness Therapy Programs for Struggling Wisconsin Teens
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy program, offers wilderness therapy programming to teens from Wisconsin struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Wilderness therapy combines traditional therapeutic methods such as individual, family, and group therapy with adventure therapy in order to lead struggling teens on a path towards success.
At many wilderness therapy programs, Wisconsin Teens struggling with such issues as depression, anxiety, substance use, and defiance are provided specialized therapeutic treatment. Trails Carolina, one of the nations leading wilderness therapy programs offers a combination of wilderness therapy techniques, family therapy, individual therapy, equine therapy, and group therapy to help struggling teens find success.
A wilderness therapy program for your Wisconsin teen takes them away from the negative influences and emotional associations in Wisconsin which may have been contributing to behavioral and emotional issues. Wilderness therapy places your Wisconsin teen in an environment that encourages growth and healing.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Wisconsin. By physically removing your child from their comfort zone, families have time and energy to work on repairing their relationship with their teen.
Many wilderness therapy programs for Wisconsin families offer family focused programming which includes family workshops, family therapy sessions, and family seminars. At Trails Carolina, families are involved in every step of the process.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Low self-esteem
– School refusal
– Family conflict
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Learning differences
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Poor academic achievement
– Social isolation
– Attachment issues
– Attachment issues
– Manipulative behavior
Wilderness Therapy Programs Wisconsin Families Trust
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Wisconsin teens, Trails Carolina provides teens with the tools they need to transition successfully back home or into another treatment setting.
Trails Carolinas approach towards wilderness therapy programs provides teens and families with:
- Masters Level Therapists: Our therapists are highly experienced and truly passionate about helping Wisconsin teens like your child. The therapeutic team individualizes each students treatment plan to provide the highest quality of care possible.
- Accredited Academics: Our accredited academic program is designed to meet teens where they are within school. Students have the opportunity to learn in a variety of environments including a traditional classroom setting, a nature center, and out in the wilderness.
- Transition Planning: Every aspect of our programming is designed to help teens make smooth transitions. Often, our students struggle with making transitions. We help to make this process easier and more natural.
- Equine Therapy: Unique to other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Carolina offers equine therapy programming for students. Within equine therapy, students are able to work on relationship skills and emotional regulation.
- Family Programming: Trails Carolina offers a variety of family programming including family therapy sessions, family workshops, and a Family Camp for those interested.
- Individual and Group Therapy Sessions: Wisconsin Students participate in a variety of therapy sessions throughout each week.
Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC are a great resource for families seeking information about mental health statistics and research related to mental health. They also have links to other resources such as the American Psychological Association, Mental Health America, and the National Alliance on Mental Illness. These resources can provide more information about symptoms and treatment options for families seeking help.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia containing endless amounts of articles related to any topic you can imagine, including many related to mental health. Wikipedias article about wilderness therapy programs discusses the history of wilderness therapy as well as research surrounding the therapeutic technique. Wikipedia also has information about other treatment options, including residential treatment centers and teen mental hospitals.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Wisconsin Families From
Some examples of cities from Wisconsin which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Milwaukee Madison Green Bay Kenosha Racine Appleton Waukesha Eau Claire Oshkosh Janesville West Allis La Crosse
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Wisconsin
Trails Carolina helps Wisconsin families from cities and towns like Shorewood Hills Maple Bluff Town of Delafield Springdale Town of Merton Springfield Mequon Summit Elm Grove Berry
- Helping Teens Struggling With Loneliness and Sedentary BehaviorWhile there’s a difference between loneliness and spending time alone, loneliness is associated with participating in fewer meaningful activities with other people. It’s possible for people to find meaning in solitary activities, like creative expression or work, but most of these activities are available from the comfort of one’s own... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 2, 2019 - 8:22 pm
- Outdoor Education at Nature Center in Wilderness Therapy ProgramsLessons in science textbooks come alive at Trails Carolina’s Nature Center that offers students unique projects and field studies to help them open their eyes to the environment. Traditional school settings often don’t have the time or resources to offer hands-on labs for students studying wildlife or resource conservation, so... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: October 4, 2019 - 3:26 pm
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm