Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Utah Families
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs helps struggling Utah teens find success
Upon first arriving at Trails Carolina, many struggling teens from Utah are apprehensive about leaving home and being away from family and friends. Some level of hesitation and opposition to the idea of attending an inpatient therapy program is completely normal in teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy. After all, some students are at Trails to change defiant behaviors.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Utah. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Utah teens, Trails Carolina provides Utah teens with the transitional skills they will need to be successful and happy individuals long after they leave Trails.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy programs combines traditional elements of an inpatient therapeutic program such as group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy with unique, evidence-based therapeutic practices such as equine therapy, experiential therapy, and mindfulness techniques.
At Trails Carolina, Utah teens become aware of destructive behaviors and emotions. Aided and guided through the therapeutic process by expert therapists and wilderness staff, students learn how to adapt new, positive behaviors to everyday surroundings. Students are constantly around peers their own age, which helps foster a sense of camaraderie amongst students at Trails. The relationships students form with peers and mentors help them learn the skills to repair the relationships with individuals back home.
Being in nature, away from the distractions of everyday life, struggling Utah teens are able to focus on healing and repairing the damaged relationships in their lives. While Utah teens are away, parents and siblings have the time to prepare for the changes they will have to make in their own lives in order to improve their relationship with their struggling family member away at wilderness therapy.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Learning differences
– Family conflict
– School refusal
– Poor academic achievement
– Manipulative behavior
– Low self-esteem
– Attachment issues
– Attachment issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Social isolation
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Getting Help For Your Utah Teen Through Wilderness Therapy Programs
As one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Utah teens, Trails Carolina wilderness therapy provides teens from Utah with a transformative therapeutic experience. Many wilderness therapy programs offer programming for children and teens that struggle with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues. By combining traditional therapeutic methods such as talk therapy and experiential therapy with adventure and outdoor therapy, wilderness therapy provides teens with a unique healing experience.
Trails Carolina, although not located in Utah, helps Utah families find success.
For parents from Utah looking for positive therapeutic solutions for their teens emotional and behavioral struggles, finding the best help for their child can be a challenging and draining process. Wilderness therapy programs are an effective way to get your child from Utah the help they need.
By combining traditional therapeutic methods with the healing powers of nature, wilderness therapy can help teens improve self esteem, self confidence, and self awareness. Teens learn about the consequences of their behaviors through the natural consequences of being out in nature. For example, if a teen decides not to wear a rain jacket before a rain storm, they will get wet. These natural consequences help teens reflect on negative behaviors they have expressed in the past.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from Utah can help your child work through their struggles. For more information, please call 800-975-7303 today.
SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration): SAMHSA provides information for individuals seeking help for a mental health or substance abuse challenge. On their website, they have information about hotlines to call in case of an emergency, as well as a treatment locator tool. The treatment locator tool helps individuals find mental health treatment in their local area. SAMHSA has a vast library of information discussing various topics related to mental health including substance use, prevention, and behavioral health. There is also information related to data collected about numerous mental health topics.
MentalHealth.gov: Mentalhealth.gov is run by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Their website covers a variety of topics related to mental health, including: What is Mental Health?, Myths and Facts about mental health, and symptoms of a variety of mental health challenges. It also provides information about starting a conversation around mental health for a variety of different audiences. Mentalhealth.gov provides information about getting help for mental health issues in an individuals local area. This website opens up the discussion about mental health, which has long held a stigma within our culture.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Utah
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Utah Families From
Some examples of cities from Utah which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Salt Lake City West Valley Provo West Jordan Orem Sandy Ogden St. George Layton South Jordan Taylorsville Lehi
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm
- Why is Nature Nurturing? 4 Benefits of a Wilderness EnvironmentThe nature-nurture debate has sparked interest in recent years, as people have observed the impact of environmental factors in changing one’s behavior. Most psychologists argue that people’s experiences are shaped by both their nature and how they’ve been nurtured, rather than one or the other. As environmentalists have noted that... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: November 11, 2019 - 7:21 pm
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm