Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Texas Families
Getting Help For Your Texas Teen Through Wilderness Therapy Programs
As one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Texas teens, Trails Carolina wilderness therapy provides teens from Texas with a transformative therapeutic experience. Many wilderness therapy programs offer programming for children and teens that struggle with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues. By combining traditional therapeutic methods such as talk therapy and experiential therapy with adventure and outdoor therapy, wilderness therapy provides teens with a unique healing experience.
Trails Carolina, although not located in Texas, helps Texas families find success.
For parents from Texas looking for positive therapeutic solutions for their teens emotional and behavioral struggles, finding the best help for their child can be a challenging and draining process. Wilderness therapy programs are an effective way to get your child from Texas the help they need.
By combining traditional therapeutic methods with the healing powers of nature, wilderness therapy can help teens improve self esteem, self confidence, and self awareness. Teens learn about the consequences of their behaviors through the natural consequences of being out in nature. For example, if a teen decides not to wear a rain jacket before a rain storm, they will get wet. These natural consequences help teens reflect on negative behaviors they have expressed in the past.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from Texas can help your child work through their struggles. For more information, please call 800-975-7303 today.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social isolation
– Low self-esteem
– Manipulative behavior
– Family conflict
– School refusal
– Poor academic achievement
– Attachment issues
– Learning differences
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Attachment issues
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs helps struggling Texas teens find success
Upon first arriving at Trails Carolina, many struggling teens from Texas are apprehensive about leaving home and being away from family and friends. Some level of hesitation and opposition to the idea of attending an inpatient therapy program is completely normal in teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy. After all, some students are at Trails to change defiant behaviors.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Texas. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Texas teens, Trails Carolina provides Texas teens with the transitional skills they will need to be successful and happy individuals long after they leave Trails.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy programs combines traditional elements of an inpatient therapeutic program such as group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy with unique, evidence-based therapeutic practices such as equine therapy, experiential therapy, and mindfulness techniques.
At Trails Carolina, Texas teens become aware of destructive behaviors and emotions. Aided and guided through the therapeutic process by expert therapists and wilderness staff, students learn how to adapt new, positive behaviors to everyday surroundings. Students are constantly around peers their own age, which helps foster a sense of camaraderie amongst students at Trails. The relationships students form with peers and mentors help them learn the skills to repair the relationships with individuals back home.
Being in nature, away from the distractions of everyday life, struggling Texas teens are able to focus on healing and repairing the damaged relationships in their lives. While Texas teens are away, parents and siblings have the time to prepare for the changes they will have to make in their own lives in order to improve their relationship with their struggling family member away at wilderness therapy.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia containing endless amounts of articles related to any topic you can imagine, including many related to mental health. Wikipedias article about wilderness therapy programs discusses the history of wilderness therapy as well as research surrounding the therapeutic technique. Wikipedia also has information about other treatment options, including residential treatment centers and teen mental hospitals.
Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC are a great resource for families seeking information about mental health statistics and research related to mental health. They also have links to other resources such as the American Psychological Association, Mental Health America, and the National Alliance on Mental Illness. These resources can provide more information about symptoms and treatment options for families seeking help.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Texas Families From
Some examples of cities from Texas which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Houston San Antonio Dallas Austin Fort Worth El Paso Arlington Corpus Christi Plano Laredo Lubbock Garland Irving Amarillo Grand Prairie Brownsville McKinney Pasadena Frisco Mesquite McAllen Killeen Waco Carrollton Denton Midland Abilene Beaumont Odessa Round Rock Richardson Wichita Falls College Station Pearland Lewisville Tyler San Angelo League Allen Sugar Land Edinburg Mission Longview Bryan Baytown Pharr Missouri Temple Flower Mound town North Richland Hills New Braunfels Victoria Harlingen Conroe Cedar Park Mansfield Georgetown San Marcos Rowlett Pflugerville Port Arthur Euless DeSoto Grapevine
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Texas
Trails Carolina helps Texas families from cities and towns like Hunters Creek Village Highland Park Bunker Hill Village University Park Rollingwood Hedwig Village West University Place West Lake Hills Olmos Park Lost Creek
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- The Four Downfalls: Negative Effects of Social MediaSocial media has quickly become an all-consuming part of adolescent’s lives. While it can seem like a fun, harmless place to share photos and interact with others, there is a growing concern of its impacts. New studies are highlighting the negative effects of social media associated with mental health, vulnerability,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 19, 2019 - 6:31 pm
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm