Getting Help For Your South Carolina Teen Through Wilderness Therapy Programs
As one of the top wilderness therapy programs for South Carolina teens, Trails Carolina wilderness therapy provides teens from South Carolina with a transformative therapeutic experience. Many wilderness therapy programs offer programming for children and teens that struggle with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues. By combining traditional therapeutic methods such as talk therapy and experiential therapy with adventure and outdoor therapy, wilderness therapy provides teens with a unique healing experience.
Trails Carolina, although not located in South Carolina, helps South Carolina families find success.
For parents from South Carolina looking for positive therapeutic solutions for their teens emotional and behavioral struggles, finding the best help for their child can be a challenging and draining process. Wilderness therapy programs are an effective way to get your child from South Carolina the help they need.
By combining traditional therapeutic methods with the healing powers of nature, wilderness therapy can help teens improve self esteem, self confidence, and self awareness. Teens learn about the consequences of their behaviors through the natural consequences of being out in nature. For example, if a teen decides not to wear a rain jacket before a rain storm, they will get wet. These natural consequences help teens reflect on negative behaviors they have expressed in the past.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from South Carolina can help your child work through their struggles. For more information, please call 800-975-7303 today.
Wilderness Therapy Programs South Carolina Families Trust
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for South Carolina teens, Trails Carolina provides teens with the tools they need to transition successfully back home or into another treatment setting.
Trails Carolinas approach towards wilderness therapy programs provides teens and families with:
- Masters Level Therapists: Our therapists are highly experienced and truly passionate about helping South Carolina teens like your child. The therapeutic team individualizes each students treatment plan to provide the highest quality of care possible.
- Accredited Academics: Our accredited academic program is designed to meet teens where they are within school. Students have the opportunity to learn in a variety of environments including a traditional classroom setting, a nature center, and out in the wilderness.
- Transition Planning: Every aspect of our programming is designed to help teens make smooth transitions. Often, our students struggle with making transitions. We help to make this process easier and more natural.
- Equine Relational Programming: Unique to other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Carolina offers equine relational programming programming for students. Within equine relational programming, students are able to work on relationship skills and emotional regulation.
- Family Programming: Trails Carolina offers a variety of family programming including family therapy sessions, family workshops, and a Family Camp for those interested.
- Individual and Group Therapy Sessions: South Carolina Students participate in a variety of therapy sessions throughout each week.
Wikipedia: Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia containing endless amounts of articles related to any topic you can imagine, including many related to mental health. Wikipedias article about wilderness therapy programs discusses the history of wilderness therapy as well as research surrounding the therapeutic technique. Wikipedia also has information about other treatment options, including residential treatment centers and teen mental hospitals.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): NIMH is a federal agency leading research on mental health disorders. Their website contains information on a variety of subjects surrounding mental health including depression, anxiety, trauma, and defiant behaviors. They also have resources for getting involved in mental health awareness and outreach work within local areas. Another aspect of their website discusses the research NIMH has conducted in conjunction with universities and other research centers.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Low self-esteem
– Poor academic achievement
– Family conflict
– Learning differences
– Manipulative behavior
– Attachment issues
– School refusal
– Social isolation
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From South Carolina
Trails Carolina helps South Carolina families from cities and towns like Sullivans Island Kiawah Island Isle of Palms Folly Beach Seabrook Island Meggett Mount Pleasant Hilton Head Island Awendaw Edisto Beach
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps South Carolina Families From
Some examples of cities from South Carolina which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Columbia Charleston North Charleston Mount Pleasant Rock Hill Greenville