Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Oklahoma Families
Getting Help For Your Oklahoma Teen Through Wilderness Therapy Programs
As one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Oklahoma teens, Trails Carolina wilderness therapy provides teens from Oklahoma with a transformative therapeutic experience. Many wilderness therapy programs offer programming for children and teens that struggle with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues. By combining traditional therapeutic methods such as talk therapy and experiential therapy with adventure and outdoor therapy, wilderness therapy provides teens with a unique healing experience.
Trails Carolina, although not located in Oklahoma, helps Oklahoma families find success.
For parents from Oklahoma looking for positive therapeutic solutions for their teens emotional and behavioral struggles, finding the best help for their child can be a challenging and draining process. Wilderness therapy programs are an effective way to get your child from Oklahoma the help they need.
By combining traditional therapeutic methods with the healing powers of nature, wilderness therapy can help teens improve self esteem, self confidence, and self awareness. Teens learn about the consequences of their behaviors through the natural consequences of being out in nature. For example, if a teen decides not to wear a rain jacket before a rain storm, they will get wet. These natural consequences help teens reflect on negative behaviors they have expressed in the past.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from Oklahoma can help your child work through their struggles. For more information, please call 800-975-7303 today.
Wilderness Therapy Programs Oklahoma Families Trust
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Oklahoma teens, Trails Carolina provides teens with the tools they need to transition successfully back home or into another treatment setting.
Trails Carolinas approach towards wilderness therapy programs provides teens and families with:
- Masters Level Therapists: Our therapists are highly experienced and truly passionate about helping Oklahoma teens like your child. The therapeutic team individualizes each students treatment plan to provide the highest quality of care possible.
- Accredited Academics: Our accredited academic program is designed to meet teens where they are within school. Students have the opportunity to learn in a variety of environments including a traditional classroom setting, a nature center, and out in the wilderness.
- Transition Planning: Every aspect of our programming is designed to help teens make smooth transitions. Often, our students struggle with making transitions. We help to make this process easier and more natural.
- Equine Therapy: Unique to other wilderness therapy programs, Trails Carolina offers equine therapy programming for students. Within equine therapy, students are able to work on relationship skills and emotional regulation.
- Family Programming: Trails Carolina offers a variety of family programming including family therapy sessions, family workshops, and a Family Camp for those interested.
- Individual and Group Therapy Sessions: Oklahoma Students participate in a variety of therapy sessions throughout each week.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Poor academic achievement
– Attachment issues
– School refusal
– Social isolation
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Low self-esteem
– Learning differences
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Attachment issues
– Family conflict
– Manipulative behavior
Treatment For Teens: Treatment For Teens contains a variety of information about treatment options and recent research findings related to mental health. It also contains resources for individuals searching for therapeutic programs for their child. The website discusses several treatment types including wilderness therapy programs, residential treatment, and mental health facilities.
TeenMentalHealth.org: TeenMentalHealth.org is a website which provides an assortment of learning materials for young people about mental health. This website was designed to spread awareness and education about various challenges individuals dealing with mental health issues face. Their website contains information about mental disorders, teen behaviors, the teen brain, and brain injuries. It also talks about understanding the stigma often attached to mental health in the United States.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Oklahoma
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Oklahoma Families From
Some examples of cities from Oklahoma which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Oklahoma City Tulsa Norman Broken Arrow Lawton Edmond Moore Midwest Enid
- The Unhealthy Connection Between Perfectionism and AnxietyWhile being a perfectionist can be a good thing, perfectionism can have negative impacts on one’s life. In fact, perfectionism can be directly linked to anxiety. On the surface perfectionism is basically one’s desire to be a perfect person. “Healthy” perfectionism can help motivate one to achieve goals, complete tasks,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 29, 2019 - 5:29 pm
- Recognizing Anxiety in Teens with AutismRecognizing anxiety in teens with autism is important in getting them the help they need. First, you should educate yourself on the information research has found on the link between anxiety and autism. Here are some ways in which anxiety arises in teens with autism:Specific phobia: a specific phobia, namely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 29, 2019 - 3:30 pm
- New Study Reveals Effect of Healthy Lifestyle Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in TeensDepression and anxiety are the most common mental health issues and are often co-occurring. While they are both neurological conditions that are influenced by family history, a new study looking at behavioral risk factors of depression and anxiety in teens found that obesity, limited physical activity, and an unhealthy diet... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 8, 2019 - 4:22 pm