Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Ohio Families
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Repairs Ohio Family Relationships
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy helps struggling teens and their families from Ohio build trusting, close relationships. As one of the top wilderness therapy programs in the country, Trails Carolina utilized evidence-based therapeutic techniques that have helped hundreds of teens lead happy and successful lives.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Ohio. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Located just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Trails Carolina provides the perfect surroundings for a truly transformative experience for teens from Ohio. Many Ohio teens come to wilderness therapy programs like Trails feeling like they will never get the most out of their lives.
Many struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy struggle with issues like depression, anxiety, and disruptive behaviors. At Trails Carolina, these emotional and behavioral struggles are addressed in a positive, meaningful way through proven therapeutic practices such as experiential therapy, equine relational programming, and family therapy.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your struggling childs life during their time at wilderness therapy can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your teen creates a built in support system during this process.
Struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy have come out of the process with life-long friends.
Trails Carolina combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling teens from Ohio the best care possible. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), Trails Carolina offers the highest level of therapeutic care for struggling Ohio teens and their families.
Wilderness Therapy Programs for Struggling Ohio Teens
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy program, offers wilderness therapy programming to teens from Ohio struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Wilderness therapy combines traditional therapeutic methods such as individual, family, and group therapy with adventure therapy in order to lead struggling teens on a path towards success.
At many wilderness therapy programs, Ohio Teens struggling with such issues as depression, anxiety, substance use, and defiance are provided specialized therapeutic treatment. Trails Carolina, one of the nations leading wilderness therapy programs offers a combination of wilderness therapy techniques, family therapy, individual therapy, equine relational programming, and group therapy to help struggling teens find success.
A wilderness therapy program for your Ohio teen takes them away from the negative influences and emotional associations in Ohio which may have been contributing to behavioral and emotional issues. Wilderness therapy places your Ohio teen in an environment that encourages growth and healing.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Ohio. By physically removing your child from their comfort zone, families have time and energy to work on repairing their relationship with their teen.
Many wilderness therapy programs for Ohio families offer family focused programming which includes family workshops, family therapy sessions, and family seminars. At Trails Carolina, families are involved in every step of the process.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your Ohio teen find success, please call 800-975-7303.
TeenMentalHealth.org: TeenMentalHealth.org is a website which provides an assortment of learning materials for young people about mental health. This website was designed to spread awareness and education about various challenges individuals dealing with mental health issues face. Their website contains information about mental disorders, teen behaviors, the teen brain, and brain injuries. It also talks about understanding the stigma often attached to mental health in the United States.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): NIMH is a federal agency leading research on mental health disorders. Their website contains information on a variety of subjects surrounding mental health including depression, anxiety, trauma, and defiant behaviors. They also have resources for getting involved in mental health awareness and outreach work within local areas. Another aspect of their website discusses the research NIMH has conducted in conjunction with universities and other research centers.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Social isolation
– School refusal
– Poor academic achievement
– Low self-esteem
– Attachment issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Attachment issues
– Learning differences
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Manipulative behavior
– Family conflict
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Ohio Families From
Some examples of cities from Ohio which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Columbus Cleveland Cincinnati Toledo Akron Dayton Parma Canton Youngstown Lorain Hamilton Springfield Kettering Elyria Lakewood
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Ohio
Trails Carolina helps Ohio families from cities and towns like The Village of Indian Hill Gates Mills New Albany Terrace Park Pepper Pike Moreland Hills Granville Upper Arlington Put in Bay Galena
- Wilderness Therapy Programs For Middle School StudentsAdolescence is a significant period of emotional development, where the therapeutic needs of middle schoolers are different from the needs of high schoolers. Teachers understand this and apply different techniques in the classrooms, so why shouldn’t wilderness programs? Currently, Trails is the only wilderness therapy programs for middle school students... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: March 11, 2020 - 6:32 pm
- Improving Self Esteem for Teens on the Autism SpectrumLow self-esteem is often an ongoing challenge for teens on the autism spectrum. While they are often self-aware of their own interests and struggles, they struggle to communicate these to others due to fear of judgment or not fitting in. Many teens on the spectrum have a tendency to be... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 8, 2020 - 8:42 pm
- Equine Programming Serves as Alternative Experiential Therapy for Anxious TeensMany young people don’t respond well to traditional forms of therapy. Group therapy can feel overwhelming for teens with social anxiety and talking to a therapist can feel intimidating if they don’t know them very well. Wilderness therapy programs utilize a variety of alternative experiential therapies, like equine programming, to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 17, 2020 - 5:52 pm