Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Massachusetts Families
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs helps struggling Massachusetts teens find success
Upon first arriving at Trails Carolina, many struggling teens from Massachusetts are apprehensive about leaving home and being away from family and friends. Some level of hesitation and opposition to the idea of attending an inpatient therapy program is completely normal in teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy. After all, some students are at Trails to change defiant behaviors.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Massachusetts. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Massachusetts teens, Trails Carolina provides Massachusetts teens with the transitional skills they will need to be successful and happy individuals long after they leave Trails.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy programs combines traditional elements of an inpatient therapeutic program such as group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy with unique, evidence-based therapeutic practices such as equine therapy, experiential therapy, and mindfulness techniques.
At Trails Carolina, Massachusetts teens become aware of destructive behaviors and emotions. Aided and guided through the therapeutic process by expert therapists and wilderness staff, students learn how to adapt new, positive behaviors to everyday surroundings. Students are constantly around peers their own age, which helps foster a sense of camaraderie amongst students at Trails. The relationships students form with peers and mentors help them learn the skills to repair the relationships with individuals back home.
Being in nature, away from the distractions of everyday life, struggling Massachusetts teens are able to focus on healing and repairing the damaged relationships in their lives. While Massachusetts teens are away, parents and siblings have the time to prepare for the changes they will have to make in their own lives in order to improve their relationship with their struggling family member away at wilderness therapy.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs for Massachusetts Teens
Is your teen struggling with an emotional or behavioral challenge? As one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for Massachusetts teens, Trails Carolina understands how to address the struggles your child is facing. We have helped hundreds of teens and their families transform their lives for the better.
Wilderness therapy programs are widely regarded by therapeutic industry professionals as one of the most effective forms of inpatient therapy. Trails Carolina, as one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Massachusetts teens, can help your teen work towards a successful, bright future. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Massachusetts teens, Trails Carolina teaches teens useful life skills that makes transitioning back into home life and traditional school environments run smoothly.
Although not located in Massachusetts, Trails Carolina has helped teens from across the country find success.
Within wilderness therapy programs, teens from Massachusetts are removed from their everyday environment. The backdrop of the serene mountain setting of Western North Carolina allows teens to think inwards and work on their own personal growth. While in the outdoors, teens experience the natural consequences of their actions. By seeing these consequences, teens are able to change their actions accordingly.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your Massachusetts teen find success, please call 800-975-7303.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Attachment issues
– Learning differences
– Attachment issues
– Family conflict
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Poor academic achievement
– Social isolation
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Manipulative behavior
– School refusal
– Low self-esteem
Mental Health America (MHA): Mental Health America is a non-profit organization which is committed to helping Americans learn more about their mental health and lead healthy, happy lives. They seek to help all people understand that mental health is just as important as physical wellness. Their B4Stage4 philosophy is based on preventative measures long before the most dangerous, critical points of mental health challenges occur. MHAs site has information about getting screened for mental health challenges, as well as finding help for a mental health issue. They also offer a variety of information about various mental health challenges including depression, PTSD, and anxiety.
Treatment For Teens: Treatment For Teens contains a variety of information about treatment options and recent research findings related to mental health. It also contains resources for individuals searching for therapeutic programs for their child. The website discusses several treatment types including wilderness therapy programs, residential treatment, and mental health facilities.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Massachusetts Families From
Some examples of cities from Massachusetts which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Boston Worcester Springfield Lowell Cambridge New Bedford Brockton Quincy Lynn Fall River Newton Somerville Lawrence Waltham Haverhill Malden Medford Taunton Chicopee Weymouth Town Revere Peabody
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Massachusetts
Trails Carolina helps Massachusetts families from cities and towns like Weston Wellesley Town of Dover Lincoln Winchester Newton Lexington Belmont Concord Needham
- The Unhealthy Connection Between Perfectionism and AnxietyWhile being a perfectionist can be a good thing, perfectionism can have negative impacts on one’s life. In fact, perfectionism can be directly linked to anxiety. On the surface perfectionism is basically one’s desire to be a perfect person. “Healthy” perfectionism can help motivate one to achieve goals, complete tasks,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 29, 2019 - 5:29 pm
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm
- Recognizing Anxiety in Teens with AutismRecognizing anxiety in teens with autism is important in getting them the help they need. First, you should educate yourself on the information research has found on the link between anxiety and autism. Here are some ways in which anxiety arises in teens with autism: Specific phobia: a specific phobia, namely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 29, 2019 - 3:30 pm