Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Maryland Families
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs helps struggling Maryland teens find success
Upon first arriving at Trails Carolina, many struggling teens from Maryland are apprehensive about leaving home and being away from family and friends. Some level of hesitation and opposition to the idea of attending an inpatient therapy program is completely normal in teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy. After all, some students are at Trails to change defiant behaviors.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Maryland. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Maryland teens, Trails Carolina provides Maryland teens with the transitional skills they will need to be successful and happy individuals long after they leave Trails.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy programs combines traditional elements of an inpatient therapeutic program such as group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy with unique, evidence-based therapeutic practices such as equine therapy, experiential therapy, and mindfulness techniques.
At Trails Carolina, Maryland teens become aware of destructive behaviors and emotions. Aided and guided through the therapeutic process by expert therapists and wilderness staff, students learn how to adapt new, positive behaviors to everyday surroundings. Students are constantly around peers their own age, which helps foster a sense of camaraderie amongst students at Trails. The relationships students form with peers and mentors help them learn the skills to repair the relationships with individuals back home.
Being in nature, away from the distractions of everyday life, struggling Maryland teens are able to focus on healing and repairing the damaged relationships in their lives. While Maryland teens are away, parents and siblings have the time to prepare for the changes they will have to make in their own lives in order to improve their relationship with their struggling family member away at wilderness therapy.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Manipulative behavior
– Attachment issues
– Attachment issues
– Social isolation
– Learning differences
– School refusal
– Poor academic achievement
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Family conflict
– Low self-esteem
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs for Maryland Teens
Is your teen struggling with an emotional or behavioral challenge? As one of the leading wilderness therapy programs for Maryland teens, Trails Carolina understands how to address the struggles your child is facing. We have helped hundreds of teens and their families transform their lives for the better.
Wilderness therapy programs are widely regarded by therapeutic industry professionals as one of the most effective forms of inpatient therapy. Trails Carolina, as one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Maryland teens, can help your teen work towards a successful, bright future. Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Maryland teens, Trails Carolina teaches teens useful life skills that makes transitioning back into home life and traditional school environments run smoothly.
Although not located in Maryland, Trails Carolina has helped teens from across the country find success.
Within wilderness therapy programs, teens from Maryland are removed from their everyday environment. The backdrop of the serene mountain setting of Western North Carolina allows teens to think inwards and work on their own personal growth. While in the outdoors, teens experience the natural consequences of their actions. By seeing these consequences, teens are able to change their actions accordingly.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your Maryland teen find success, please call 800-975-7303.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): NIMH is a federal agency leading research on mental health disorders. Their website contains information on a variety of subjects surrounding mental health including depression, anxiety, trauma, and defiant behaviors. They also have resources for getting involved in mental health awareness and outreach work within local areas. Another aspect of their website discusses the research NIMH has conducted in conjunction with universities and other research centers.
Mental Health America (MHA): Mental Health America is a non-profit organization which is committed to helping Americans learn more about their mental health and lead healthy, happy lives. They seek to help all people understand that mental health is just as important as physical wellness. Their B4Stage4 philosophy is based on preventative measures long before the most dangerous, critical points of mental health challenges occur. MHAs site has information about getting screened for mental health challenges, as well as finding help for a mental health issue. They also offer a variety of information about various mental health challenges including depression, PTSD, and anxiety.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Maryland
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Maryland Families From
Some examples of cities from Maryland which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Baltimore Frederick Gaithersburg Rockville Bowie
- Helping Teens Struggling With Loneliness and Sedentary BehaviorWhile there’s a difference between loneliness and spending time alone, loneliness is associated with participating in fewer meaningful activities with other people. It’s possible for people to find meaning in solitary activities, like creative expression or work, but most of these activities are available from the comfort of one’s own... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: August 2, 2019 - 8:22 pm
- Reducing Stress in Teens: Benefits Of Green SpacesA new study shows that being outdoors can contribute to reducing stress in teens. The psychological benefits of being around green spaces, in general, are receiving growing attention from scientists. Similarly, there is some evidence that exercising in natural environments, as opposed to indoors, improves mental well-being. As a parent... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 13, 2019 - 8:52 pm
- What to Do When Your Child Has Been Suspended from SchoolFinding out that your child has been suspended from school can be difficult for any parent to hear, especially if it’s not their first time. Every school has a different system when it comes to what kind of behavior warrants suspension and what suspension will look like. Some schools may... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 7, 2019 - 7:02 am