Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Kansas Families
Getting Help For Your Kansas Teen Through Wilderness Therapy Programs
As one of the top wilderness therapy programs for Kansas teens, Trails Carolina wilderness therapy provides teens from Kansas with a transformative therapeutic experience. Many wilderness therapy programs offer programming for children and teens that struggle with a variety of emotional and behavioral issues. By combining traditional therapeutic methods such as talk therapy and experiential therapy with adventure and outdoor therapy, wilderness therapy provides teens with a unique healing experience.
Trails Carolina, although not located in Kansas, helps Kansas families find success.
For parents from Kansas looking for positive therapeutic solutions for their teens emotional and behavioral struggles, finding the best help for their child can be a challenging and draining process. Wilderness therapy programs are an effective way to get your child from Kansas the help they need.
By combining traditional therapeutic methods with the healing powers of nature, wilderness therapy can help teens improve self esteem, self confidence, and self awareness. Teens learn about the consequences of their behaviors through the natural consequences of being out in nature. For example, if a teen decides not to wear a rain jacket before a rain storm, they will get wet. These natural consequences help teens reflect on negative behaviors they have expressed in the past.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for teens from Kansas can help your child work through their struggles. For more information, please call 800-975-7303 today.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Repairs Kansas Family Relationships
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy helps struggling teens and their families from Kansas build trusting, close relationships. As one of the top wilderness therapy programs in the country, Trails Carolina utilized evidence-based therapeutic techniques that have helped hundreds of teens lead happy and successful lives.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Kansas. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Located just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Trails Carolina provides the perfect surroundings for a truly transformative experience for teens from Kansas. Many Kansas teens come to wilderness therapy programs like Trails feeling like they will never get the most out of their lives.
Many struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy struggle with issues like depression, anxiety, and disruptive behaviors. At Trails Carolina, these emotional and behavioral struggles are addressed in a positive, meaningful way through proven therapeutic practices such as experiential therapy, equine therapy, and family therapy.
Removing distractions such as social media and video games from your struggling childs life during their time at wilderness therapy can help them focus on how their behaviors affect others. Being surrounded by peers who have gone through similar experiences as your teen creates a built in support system during this process.
Struggling teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy have come out of the process with life-long friends.
Trails Carolina combines evidence-based therapeutic treatment techniques with the support of caring, nurturing experts to give struggling teens from Kansas the best care possible. As a member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), Trails Carolina offers the highest level of therapeutic care for struggling Kansas teens and their families.
Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC are a great resource for families seeking information about mental health statistics and research related to mental health. They also have links to other resources such as the American Psychological Association, Mental Health America, and the National Alliance on Mental Illness. These resources can provide more information about symptoms and treatment options for families seeking help.
SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration): SAMHSA provides information for individuals seeking help for a mental health or substance abuse challenge. On their website, they have information about hotlines to call in case of an emergency, as well as a treatment locator tool. The treatment locator tool helps individuals find mental health treatment in their local area. SAMHSA has a vast library of information discussing various topics related to mental health including substance use, prevention, and behavioral health. There is also information related to data collected about numerous mental health topics.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Learning differences
– Poor academic achievement
– School refusal
– Attachment issues
– Attachment issues
– Family conflict
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Low self-esteem
– Manipulative behavior
– Social isolation
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Kansas
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Kansas Families From
Some examples of cities from Kansas which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Wichita Overland Park Kansas City Olathe Topeka Lawrence Shawnee Manhattan Lenexa
- The Four Downfalls: Negative Effects of Social MediaSocial media has quickly become an all-consuming part of adolescent’s lives. While it can seem like a fun, harmless place to share photos and interact with others, there is a growing concern of its impacts. New studies are highlighting the negative effects of social media associated with mental health, vulnerability,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 19, 2019 - 6:31 pm
- New Study Reveals Effect of Healthy Lifestyle Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in TeensDepression and anxiety are the most common mental health issues and are often co-occurring. While they are both neurological conditions that are influenced by family history, a new study looking at behavioral risk factors of depression and anxiety in teens found that obesity, limited physical activity, and an unhealthy diet... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 8, 2019 - 4:22 pm
- The Unhealthy Connection Between Perfectionism and AnxietyWhile being a perfectionist can be a good thing, perfectionism can have negative impacts on one’s life. In fact, perfectionism can be directly linked to anxiety. On the surface perfectionism is basically one’s desire to be a perfect person. “Healthy” perfectionism can help motivate one to achieve goals, complete tasks,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 29, 2019 - 5:29 pm