Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Georgia Families
Wilderness Therapy Programs for Struggling Georgia Teens
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy program, offers wilderness therapy programming to teens from Georgia struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Wilderness therapy combines traditional therapeutic methods such as individual, family, and group therapy with adventure therapy in order to lead struggling teens on a path towards success.
At many wilderness therapy programs, Georgia Teens struggling with such issues as depression, anxiety, substance use, and defiance are provided specialized therapeutic treatment. Trails Carolina, one of the nations leading wilderness therapy programs offers a combination of wilderness therapy techniques, family therapy, individual therapy, equine therapy, and group therapy to help struggling teens find success.
A wilderness therapy program for your Georgia teen takes them away from the negative influences and emotional associations in Georgia which may have been contributing to behavioral and emotional issues. Wilderness therapy places your Georgia teen in an environment that encourages growth and healing.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Georgia. By physically removing your child from their comfort zone, families have time and energy to work on repairing their relationship with their teen.
Many wilderness therapy programs for Georgia families offer family focused programming which includes family workshops, family therapy sessions, and family seminars. At Trails Carolina, families are involved in every step of the process.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs helps struggling Georgia teens find success
Upon first arriving at Trails Carolina, many struggling teens from Georgia are apprehensive about leaving home and being away from family and friends. Some level of hesitation and opposition to the idea of attending an inpatient therapy program is completely normal in teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy. After all, some students are at Trails to change defiant behaviors.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Georgia. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Georgia teens, Trails Carolina provides Georgia teens with the transitional skills they will need to be successful and happy individuals long after they leave Trails.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy programs combines traditional elements of an inpatient therapeutic program such as group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy with unique, evidence-based therapeutic practices such as equine therapy, experiential therapy, and mindfulness techniques.
At Trails Carolina, Georgia teens become aware of destructive behaviors and emotions. Aided and guided through the therapeutic process by expert therapists and wilderness staff, students learn how to adapt new, positive behaviors to everyday surroundings. Students are constantly around peers their own age, which helps foster a sense of camaraderie amongst students at Trails. The relationships students form with peers and mentors help them learn the skills to repair the relationships with individuals back home.
Being in nature, away from the distractions of everyday life, struggling Georgia teens are able to focus on healing and repairing the damaged relationships in their lives. While Georgia teens are away, parents and siblings have the time to prepare for the changes they will have to make in their own lives in order to improve their relationship with their struggling family member away at wilderness therapy.
National Federation of Families for Childrens Mental Health: The National Federation of Families are a national family-run organization focused on behavioral and emotional issues amongst youth and children. This group works to implement policies, legislation, and funding for mental health challenges affecting young people and their families. This group has had a major impact on spreading awareness of childrens mental health struggles in the United States. Every year, they host an awareness week for childrens mental health issues.
SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration): SAMHSA provides information for individuals seeking help for a mental health or substance abuse challenge. On their website, they have information about hotlines to call in case of an emergency, as well as a treatment locator tool. The treatment locator tool helps individuals find mental health treatment in their local area. SAMHSA has a vast library of information discussing various topics related to mental health including substance use, prevention, and behavioral health. There is also information related to data collected about numerous mental health topics.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Attachment issues
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Social isolation
– School refusal
– Poor academic achievement
– Learning differences
– Family conflict
– Low self-esteem
– Attachment issues
– Manipulative behavior
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Georgia
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Georgia Families From
Some examples of cities from Georgia which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Atlanta Columbus Augusta Macon Savannah Athens Sandy Springs Roswell Johns Creek Albany Warner Robins Alpharetta Marietta Valdosta Smyrna Brookhaven
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm
- Reducing Stress in Teens: Benefits Of Green SpacesA new study shows that being outdoors can contribute to reducing stress in teens. The psychological benefits of being around green spaces, in general, are receiving growing attention from scientists. Similarly, there is some evidence that exercising in natural environments, as opposed to indoors, improves mental well-being. As a parent... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 13, 2019 - 8:52 pm
- Recognizing Anxiety in Teens with AutismRecognizing anxiety in teens with autism is important in getting them the help they need. First, you should educate yourself on the information research has found on the link between anxiety and autism. Here are some ways in which anxiety arises in teens with autism: Specific phobia: a specific phobia, namely... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 29, 2019 - 3:30 pm