Wilderness Therapy Programs Helping Delaware Families
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Programs helps struggling Delaware teens find success
Upon first arriving at Trails Carolina, many struggling teens from Delaware are apprehensive about leaving home and being away from family and friends. Some level of hesitation and opposition to the idea of attending an inpatient therapy program is completely normal in teens who attend Trails Carolina wilderness therapy. After all, some students are at Trails to change defiant behaviors.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Delaware. However, we help teens from all over the country.
Unlike other wilderness therapy programs for Delaware teens, Trails Carolina provides Delaware teens with the transitional skills they will need to be successful and happy individuals long after they leave Trails.
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy programs combines traditional elements of an inpatient therapeutic program such as group therapy, individual therapy, and family therapy with unique, evidence-based therapeutic practices such as equine therapy, experiential therapy, and mindfulness techniques.
At Trails Carolina, Delaware teens become aware of destructive behaviors and emotions. Aided and guided through the therapeutic process by expert therapists and wilderness staff, students learn how to adapt new, positive behaviors to everyday surroundings. Students are constantly around peers their own age, which helps foster a sense of camaraderie amongst students at Trails. The relationships students form with peers and mentors help them learn the skills to repair the relationships with individuals back home.
Being in nature, away from the distractions of everyday life, struggling Delaware teens are able to focus on healing and repairing the damaged relationships in their lives. While Delaware teens are away, parents and siblings have the time to prepare for the changes they will have to make in their own lives in order to improve their relationship with their struggling family member away at wilderness therapy.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Family conflict
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– School refusal
– Attachment issues
– Poor academic achievement
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Attachment issues
– Manipulative behavior
– Learning differences
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
Wilderness Therapy Programs for Struggling Delaware Teens
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy program, offers wilderness therapy programming to teens from Delaware struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Wilderness therapy combines traditional therapeutic methods such as individual, family, and group therapy with adventure therapy in order to lead struggling teens on a path towards success.
At many wilderness therapy programs, Delaware Teens struggling with such issues as depression, anxiety, substance use, and defiance are provided specialized therapeutic treatment. Trails Carolina, one of the nations leading wilderness therapy programs offers a combination of wilderness therapy techniques, family therapy, individual therapy, equine therapy, and group therapy to help struggling teens find success.
A wilderness therapy program for your Delaware teen takes them away from the negative influences and emotional associations in Delaware which may have been contributing to behavioral and emotional issues. Wilderness therapy places your Delaware teen in an environment that encourages growth and healing.
Trails Carolina is located in North Carolina, not Delaware. By physically removing your child from their comfort zone, families have time and energy to work on repairing their relationship with their teen.
Many wilderness therapy programs for Delaware families offer family focused programming which includes family workshops, family therapy sessions, and family seminars. At Trails Carolina, families are involved in every step of the process.
For more information about how Trails Carolina wilderness therapy can help your Delaware teen find success, please call 800-975-7303.
Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC are a great resource for families seeking information about mental health statistics and research related to mental health. They also have links to other resources such as the American Psychological Association, Mental Health America, and the National Alliance on Mental Illness. These resources can provide more information about symptoms and treatment options for families seeking help.
MentalHealth.gov: Mentalhealth.gov is run by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Their website covers a variety of topics related to mental health, including: What is Mental Health?, Myths and Facts about mental health, and symptoms of a variety of mental health challenges. It also provides information about starting a conversation around mental health for a variety of different audiences. Mentalhealth.gov provides information about getting help for mental health issues in an individuals local area. This website opens up the discussion about mental health, which has long held a stigma within our culture.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Delaware
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Delaware Families From
Some examples of cities from Delaware which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Wilmington Hockessin Townsend Bear Middletown
- The Four Downfalls: Negative Effects of Social MediaSocial media has quickly become an all-consuming part of adolescent’s lives. While it can seem like a fun, harmless place to share photos and interact with others, there is a growing concern of its impacts. New studies are highlighting the negative effects of social media associated with mental health, vulnerability,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 19, 2019 - 6:31 pm
- Getting Behind the Bottle: Help for Teen Alcohol UseThe teenage years are full of hormonal changes, desire to fit in, and peer pressures. This is a common period in which one gets invited to participate in risky behaviors such as consuming alcohol. Help for teen alcohol use can begin at home. However, the first step of helping is... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 15, 2019 - 3:54 pm
- The 4 for You: Outdoor Therapy for Teens with Low Self-EsteemBeing surrounded by nature is a place that is conducive to healing. Outdoor therapy for teens with low self-esteem can be extremely beneficial. Low self-esteem can present itself in many different ways depending on the individual. With low self-esteem, teens may find it difficult to navigate themselves socially. The teenage... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: July 10, 2019 - 3:55 pm