Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From Wyoming
Programs for Troubled Teens Can Help Heal Wyoming Families
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for Wyoming teens, provides a safe and nurturing environment, expert staff, and evidence proven therapeutic approaches. During wilderness therapy, teens learn how interact well with peers and develop responsibility and respect. A combination of adventure activities with traditional therapeutic approaches helps struggling teens from Wyoming develop new perspectives. Some of the therapeutic approaches that Trails Carolina uses include individual therapy, group therapy, experiential therapy, and family therapy.
Programs for troubled teens are appropriate for youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Teens from Wyoming who attend Trails Carolina often are dealing with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, defiance, and school refusal. Teens are placed in an environment where they are free of distractions and can develop positive relationships with peers and staff.
It is not uncommon for teens from Wyoming to be resistant initially, but Trails Carolina has helped multiple families from around the United States. Through the inspiring power of nature and the many beneficial aspects of our unique program, students learn the skills they need to achieve lasting change and the success they deserve.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Family conflict
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
– Manipulative behavior
– Attachment issues
– School refusal
– Poor academic achievement
– Learning differences
– Adoption issues
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Trails Carolina Can Help: Programs for Troubled Teens from Wyoming
Many wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens offer traditional therapeutic approaches combined with adventure therapy. What sets Trails Carolina aside from other programs for troubled teens from Wyoming is its out of state location, which offers Wyoming teens a new environment and opportunity to gain the success and life they deserve.
Located in North Carolina, next to the Blue Ridge Mountains, Trails Carolina offers Wyoming families and their struggling youth useful life skills that can be used when transitioning back home and in traditional youth environments. Our wilderness therapy program has worked with families from all around the country to help them achieve lasting change. Through our family-focused approach, families begin rebuilding their relationships through family therapy sessions, family seminars, and family workshops.
Many of the students who attend programs for troubled teens often struggle with substance experimentation, technology addiction, defiance, lack of achievement, and depression or anxiety. Trails Carolina takes pride in using the best known therapeutic practices including individual therapy, family therapy, equine relational programming, and group therapy.
For more information on how programs for troubled teens can help your family from Wyoming, please call 800-975-7303.
Mentalhealth.gov: Run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, MentalHealth.gov offers information to help educate and guide youth struggling with mental illness. They offer advice, acknowledge psychological challenges, and discuss general information on mental health conditions. Accessible to local schools, families and caregivers, and the general public, their site also includes a database that individuals can use to find local resources.
Your Little Professor Primarily for parents with adolescents dealing with Autism Spectrum, Your Little Professor provides resources for families that are seeking treatment programs for their child. Any family or parent can gain valuable information or resources for multiple mental health disorders. Their numerous articles highlight multiple topics related to new research, news, and treatment options for children dealing with various mental issues including depression or anxiety, autism, OCD, ADD, and many more.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From Wyoming
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps Wyoming Families From
Some examples of cities from Wyoming which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Cheyenne Casper Evansville Bar Nunn Burns
- Outdoor Therapy Serves as Healthy Outlet for Teens with Behavior ProblemsOutdoor therapy programs take a different approach than boot camps for teens with behavior problems by using nature as a guide to making healthier choices and empowering teens to gain insight into how their actions affect others. As many teens with behavior problems struggle with taking advice from authority figures... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 21, 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Equine Programming Serves as Alternative Experiential Therapy for Anxious TeensMany young people don’t respond well to traditional forms of therapy. Group therapy can feel overwhelming for teens with social anxiety and talking to a therapist can feel intimidating if they don’t know them very well. Wilderness therapy programs utilize a variety of alternative experiential therapies, like equine programming, to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: April 17, 2020 - 5:52 pm
- PTSD Can Lead to Aggression in TeensPeople tend to talk more about the “freeze response” in teens who have experienced trauma than to accept the reality of what “fight or flight” can look like. According to research recently published in JNeurosci., traumatic stress can cause aggression by strengthening two brain pathways involved in emotion. Understanding how... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 15, 2020 - 5:34 pm