Programs For Troubled Teens for Families From West Virginia
Trails Carolina Can Help: Programs for Troubled Teens from West Virginia
Many wilderness therapy programs for troubled teens offer traditional therapeutic approaches combined with adventure therapy. What sets Trails Carolina aside from other programs for troubled teens from West Virginia is its out of state location, which offers West Virginia teens a new environment and opportunity to gain the success and life they deserve.
Located in North Carolina, next to the Blue Ridge Mountains, Trails Carolina offers West Virginia families and their struggling youth useful life skills that can be used when transitioning back home and in traditional youth environments. Our wilderness therapy program has worked with families from all around the country to help them achieve lasting change. Through our family-focused approach, families begin rebuilding their relationships through family therapy sessions, family seminars, and family workshops.
Many of the students who attend programs for troubled teens often struggle with substance experimentation, technology addiction, defiance, lack of achievement, and depression or anxiety. Trails Carolina takes pride in using the best known therapeutic practices including individual therapy, family therapy, equine therapy, and group therapy.
Programs for Troubled Teens Can Help Heal West Virginia Families
Trails Carolina wilderness therapy for West Virginia teens, provides a safe and nurturing environment, expert staff, and evidence proven therapeutic approaches. During wilderness therapy, teens learn how interact well with peers and develop responsibility and respect. A combination of adventure activities with traditional therapeutic approaches helps struggling teens from West Virginia develop new perspectives. Some of the therapeutic approaches that Trails Carolina uses include individual therapy, group therapy, experiential therapy, and family therapy.
Programs for troubled teens are appropriate for youth struggling with emotional and behavioral issues. Teens from West Virginia who attend Trails Carolina often are dealing with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, substance experimentation, defiance, and school refusal. Teens are placed in an environment where they are free of distractions and can develop positive relationships with peers and staff.
It is not uncommon for teens from West Virginia to be resistant initially, but Trails Carolina has helped multiple families from around the United States. Through the inspiring power of nature and the many beneficial aspects of our unique program, students learn the skills they need to achieve lasting change and the success they deserve.
Who is Trails for?
Trails Carolina helps teens seeking wilderness therapy who are struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Learning differences
– Poor academic achievement
– Gaming and technology obsession
– Family conflict
– Attachment issues
– School refusal
– Defiant behavior/Oppositional Defiant Disorder
– Low self-esteem
– Social isolation
– Manipulative behavior
– Adoption issues
Wilderness Therapy is Effective: This study conducted by the Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and the Arkansas Interdisciplinary Sciences Library, provides insight into the practices and effects of wilderness therapy programs. The study focuses on adolescent participants in wilderness therapy programs and how they experienced significant reductions in troubled behavior during treatment. It also showed that participants maintained improved behavior for a year after treatment. Participants in the study, showed significant improvements in anxiety, depression, substance abuse and dependency, and improved in academic achievement.
Psychology Today Psychology Today provides various articles on multiple topics related to mental health. As a well-known website, they offer various articles on news topics, research, and social media produced by experienced and educated mental health professionals. Their site includes a directory of therapeutic specialists and therapists around the United States who offer help in different mental health fields. Anyone can access their directory to find local or national resources.
Trails Carolina Wilderness Therapy Helps Families From West Virginia
Trails Carolina Wilderness Helps West Virginia Families From
Some examples of cities from West Virginia which may have families who could use Trails Carolina: Charleston Shepherdstown Cheat Lake Shenandoah Junction Summit Point
- Reducing Stress in Teens: Benefits Of Green SpacesA new study shows that being outdoors can contribute to reducing stress in teens. The psychological benefits of being around green spaces, in general, are receiving growing attention from scientists. Similarly, there is some evidence that exercising in natural environments, as opposed to indoors, improves mental well-being. As a parent... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: May 13, 2019 - 8:52 pm
- Parent-Child Conflict: Changing Family Relationships in AdolescenceThe personal challenges children face as they transition into adolescence are difficult enough as they are; however, their changing perception of their social role can lead to strained relationships with family whose support they may reject during this difficult period. As children grow up, they believe they are expected to... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: September 11, 2019 - 3:25 pm
- The Four Downfalls: Negative Effects of Social MediaSocial media has quickly become an all-consuming part of adolescent’s lives. While it can seem like a fun, harmless place to share photos and interact with others, there is a growing concern of its impacts. New studies are highlighting the negative effects of social media associated with mental health, vulnerability,... Read more »Source: Trails Carolina | Published: June 19, 2019 - 6:31 pm